TM HK416 pistol grip change

Alex34

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm fairly new to airsoft and have never taken an AEG apart.

I have a TM HK416 Devgru and want to swap the pistol grip for the original, chunkier TM HK416D grip. Is this an easy straight forward swap or will it entail re-adjusting motor, gears, etc?

• Supporters

It's easy to do. Unscrew the bottom two screws, remove the bottom plate, take a good look where the wires are exactly. Pull the wires off the motor, pull the motor out. Unscrew the screws inside the grip, pull the grip off carefully. Put the new grip on, arrange the wires and put the motor in. Connect the wires, screw back the bottom plate.

Now adjust the motor height. Without magazine or BBs, fire the gun. Be careful, there might be one BB left in the barrel.

If you hear loud screeching and the gun doesn't fire, turn the motor height screw in, the motor doesn't reach the gears.

Turn the motor height adjuster screw in, until the gears turn a bit slower or stop. That's too high. Lower the motor bit by bit, until you find the most quiet height. It is just below the "too high". If you lower it even further, the gun still fires, but the gears are louder, because they are connecting too loosely.

• 3 years later...

Hi Alex34, this is a long shot but did you ever change the pistolr grip on your Dervgru, I am asking as I would be interested in buying the original grip of you if you still had it?

• Head Moderator

Please check the dates on threads before posting. This topic is quite old.

If the topic starter would like this thread reopened, please PM me with a link back to this topic.

This is a general message which helps us speed up forum moderation.

Thank you.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.