CA M15A4 Not feeding right!!!

LogieBear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I only very recently went and got myself the M15, I was well impressed. The only problem was when I got home, the gun wasn't feeding right. I fully stripped the gun and lubed and cleaned it, and it worked like a charm. But last weekend I brought it to the first game I had used the gun, and it wasn't feeding correctly. Semi-Auto only worked for short amounts of time, maybe 4-5 shots, where then I would go onto between 10 and 15 shots where nothing came out. Full auto had the same results. This is with a full magazine (which I did get separately), and a mid cap, so no winding or rattling :). After taking it home and completely stripping it, checking for dirt and debris (where there was none) down the barrel, in the feeding tube and in the hop up, the gun was still not feeding right. I lubed it up with plastic lubricant and a bit of silking (from WE gun cleaning kit), which after reading a few problems online, seemed to work for others. However, I got the same results.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know as this is my first gun (after using friends and rentals) and it'd be a bit pants to see it break down so early

N.B. this was a pre-owned gun which I bought from one of the local sites for £80. The guys that run the site are trusted throughout the airsofting community of Antrim. I had asked them were they selling them off because they were broken, and they said no, that it was to deal with the extra rentals that would come up and play during the summer

Feed problem like that can sometimes be caused if the hop unit isn't pushing back tight against the gearbox. Well used guns will sometimes lose the small spring that sits on the top of the hop unit to push it back against the gearbox when the receiver is fitted and can mean that the hop isn't sitting quite right in the mag to allow clean feeding of the BBs. The other possibility is that the hop has been changed and might not be lined up correctly. I had that problem with my custom built M4. My preferred hop unit just would not sit right and was about 1.5mm out of line. A different make hop was fitted and worked fine, even though it wasn't as good a unit as the other. The other possibility is that you have the hop turned too far on, which jambs a BB in the barrel.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.