Nuprol 3.0 cold temperature green gas and a broken We F228

BrightCandle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I used Nuprol 3.0 (big red canister bought from landwarriorairsoft) yesterday in my We F228. Outside temperature according to the weather forecast was about 1-5C. Was around 250 fps with 0.25g ASG BBs. Interestingly with this gas on a normal rate of fire I could empty all the BBs out of the magazine, so 20 shots or so. If I fired as fast as I could it would have 1 or 2 left but unlike the Abbey or other We green gas I use it was able to clear the magazine and do so with reasonable power in the cold conditions. That is pretty good IMO, its not a sub zero solution nor will it solve it in every gun but its better than getting 10 shots out of a fill and then having it run out of gas.

However I did find my We F228 in pieces today when I went to clean it. There is a part on the left hand side of the hop unit that takes the impact of the barrel raising during recoil and this part of the hop had snapped off. I suspect its just the usual wear and tear and We quality control issues but it was with the first use of this special low temperature gas and its the first time I used.

So I am cautiously optimistic that this gas works better than the usual green gas mix, however I wonder if its powerful enough to damage the gun.

I use near dry propane in my 228 and ive not had any issues despite two days solid use back to back.

I think its just wear and tear. To be absolutley fair to WE, the only issues ive had with mine i caused myself

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.