Tm vsr10 stiff bolt

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, just acquired a tm vsr10 possibly a g spec and the gun wasn't used for a few years so the bolt upon cocking is very stiff to push forward.

Would this be a case of relubing the cylinder internals and what would be the best lubes to use?

Thanks

Andy

Most likely the case. If it's a TM you will have to bore out the cylinder pin to unscrew the head. Unscrewing the head is easiest with a pin face spanner,but you can wrap some masking tape around the nozzle section and use regular pliers.

Once it's open the piston,spring and spring guide should fall out. Take a rag and some rubbing alcohol to get rid of all the grease. You can also give the entire cylinder a lick of polish too. Re-grease with some medium viscosity silicone grease.

I use abbey silicone gun grease with good results. Any grease that's low/medium viscosity and good for plastic on metal contact should do. Avoid spray stuff.

Also do not forget the cylinder guide rings in the reciever,could also use a clean. I also lubricate the cylinder and those rings with some pure non spray silicone oil.

You can scroll down to the second page on the vsr review on my sig if you are not sure of part names or search 'worst in finland's vsr take apart guide'

There is a chance that the cylinder isn't up to spec for the receiver and causing excess friction but On a TM VSR this is fairly rare.

Bolt return is often stiff on guns with the stock trigger mech,so it's expected to some degree.

Internal cylinder lubrication is a big factor. I'd just stick with that and not assume too much.

"Strip it, clean it, Teflon it, lube it" is SOP for any vsr, especially one that's not been used for a while.

While its apart check the outside of the cylinder for any scoring to see if it's catching on anything.

While it's out double check the scope rail screws are not protruding into the breech. Aftermarket screws or too tight can come through and catch on the cylinder, it should be smooth to touch.

I would like to say thankyou to the guys for their help, I stripped the cylinder, cleaned it and regreased the internals with white lithium grease and it's so much smoother and just needs running in.

Thanks very much guys!!!!!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.