CYMA M14 DMR

mcrrocker277

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello forum I've got a new project, a m14, I'm wanting to turn it into a dmr and imbwibdering what experienced people have been doing and what they would recommend. I was thinking of doing a steel 6.03 tbb, 13:1 shs gears, shs hi torque motor, m120 spring,half tooth poly piston, metal single seal cylinder head, stock non ported cylinder, flat ported piston head with bearings, hard rubber r hop, wiring to deans, 16gwiring wiring, mosfet with an so I could get rid of the Ar latch and 11.1v lipo. What are your guys opinions to this? And yes I'll do all the little tweaking as needed

Your list is fine but you don't need the gears, cyma gears are more than strong enough to run M140 and above, you will want a steel cut off lever as the standard ones are made of cheese and a guarder air nozzle and a bearing spring guide

I've built a couple of these recently including one for myself which is working lovely now

Awesome thanks I was looking at the shs nozzle with our ring.so you wouldn't recommend a lower gear ratio?

I got hold of one of the SHS green nozzles for the last build and it was actually the wrong length by around 2mm causing the rifle not to feed

• Supporters

Awesome thanks I was looking at the shs nozzle with our ring.so you wouldn't recommend a lower gear ratio?

Not for a dmr build.

lower gear ratio increases rate of fire, not something you'll need to worry about with semi-only

Leave the standard gears in there, just add a decent high torque motor, SHS are ok but can be a bit screechy, lonex A2 are excellent and I'm waiting on an AIP40000 to arrive and will give an honest review once it's fitted

• Supporters

Thought it would help with trigger response

In theory yes, in practice you'd be better served by a LiPo battery, decent Active Braking Mosfet and a high torque motor.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.