NVG Counterweight Pouch

SgtTalbert

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I am looking to purchase this (or something similar if this doesnt fit)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L4YG9RY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=19YC97C0A6NFSDCMZNG1&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577048787&pf_rd_i=desktop

Does anyone know if the above would fit into this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390948356702 (Or if you can recommend something better)

OR

Would I be better off buying a two of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M6PJ7RO/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i21?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=19YC97C0A6NFSDCMZNG1&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577048787&pf_rd_i=desktop

This is to power my GoPro - I know its slightly 'overkill' in terms of battery, however, I want to know that the GoPro wont run out on a typical gameday etc...

I'd go with the counter weight pouch and an external battery source as a backup or if it can be plugged directly into the camera without the battery's

the pouch is velcro, so should be able to change it to fit anything vaguely the same dimensions

But, can you charge the go-pro while it's in a protective case? Sure a friend of mine considered the same tactic for snowboarding and decided he couldn't keep it protected and charging simultaneously...

• Supporters

as Col. Kurtz said, pretty sure you can't charge the GoPro while the clear case is on. That bigger charger with a 9000mAh battery in it is probably huge, I reckon with that on the back of your head you'd end up with neck ache :)

The smaller ones though, they'll definitely fit in a normal counterweight pouch, although maybe not in the one you linked as it'll curve to conform to the helmet. Best bet for suitability would be to find a pouch of a suitable size, cut the molle straps off the back and put some hook velcro on there. Or get down to halfords and buy some industrial stick on velcro and just put it directly onto the battery packs.

Yeah you can, you can get what's called a skeleton housing which literally allows access to the ports (whilst still protecting everything else). It's obviously no longer waterproof but for Airsoft that's fine. I've got one on order and seen a few people run this kinda setup.

I have emailed the seller yesterday morning but they have yet to get back to me

Ah maybe not then. Do you have an counterweight pouch in mind that I could use the smaller batteries with that can Velcro to the helmet. I do want to put them in a pouch just in case it rains / added bit of protection

• Supporters

for the smaller ones, I'd say a pistol magazine pouch with velcro on the back would be ideal, if you want to just get something off the shelf that'll fit, the OSOE NSW helmet ballast (or a copy of it, since the real one is quite pricey) will fit perfectly on one side, you can put an MS2000 strobe on the other side.

I've got 2 adventure cameras to mount on my bump helmet but they've only got 40 minute battery life so I need to find an external charge device aswell

Genius.

No just an airsofter on a tight budget :P

EDIT: On further inspection TWG do a triple 40mm pouch for about £3 which would allow for you to buy a couple and hack and slash em.

I think I will go with either a 40mm grenade pouch or pistol pouch (They will be re-purposed as they are supposed for sure)for next Sunday's game and then long term, sort out a clone of the OSOE NSW helmet ballast OR as Mack suggested, create an account on Devt6 and get one made

Thanks for all the input

• 3 months later...

I think I will go with either a 40mm grenade pouch or pistol pouch (They will be re-purposed as they are supposed for sure)for next Sunday's game and then long term, sort out a clone of the OSOE NSW helmet ballast OR as Mack suggested, create an account on Devt6 and get one made

Thanks for all the input

What did you ended up using? I am looking for helmet pouch with velcro myself which will fit an external battery. Something like this guy is using on youtube.

What did you ended up using? I am looking for helmet pouch with velcro myself which will fit an external battery. Something like this guy is using on youtube.

Can you ping me a message or something so I remember....But I will take a pic tonight for you

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.