WE M16A1 GBBR problem with WE GEN 2 30 rnd mags NEED HELP!!!!!

Sebbles416

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there guys.

I am having problems using 30 round WE gen 2 mags on my m16. To get the mags in the rifle i have to use some force and even then if the rifle is already previously cocked the hammer will not strike the release valve on the magazine. If i lock the bolt back I can fit the magazine in the rifle with ease, however if i release the bolt it can sometimes knock the magazine out of the rifle. I was asking to see if anyone else is having this problem and if there is any where to fix it.

Cheers

• Supporters

Not heard of that one before.

Has the problem developed, or always been there? My first thought was that maybe you're using closed bolt magazines in an open bolt system.

But I can see you have an L85 as well and I assume that's fine.

I can't really think of anything tbh. Only other thought is that maybe the shell and the mag body itself have come apart and the gap between them is causing the mag to seat too high.
But unless there's something between the shell and the mag itself stopping them from going together properly I can't see how that'd be the problem... It isn't really worth mentioning because it doesn't make sense for that to be the issue, but I thought I'd just mention anyway, 'cos you never know lol.

The bolt knocking the mag out of the gun should be impossible though, so my bet would be that your mags are seating properly. Something to do with the mag catch maybe.

Honestly clueless.

Hi thanks for the reply, i have managed to get the 30 rnd mag working now, may have been down to the fact i did not put enough force into shoving the mag in the weapon. However the mag bolt catch does not work when i am out of rounds, even with the 20 rnd mag. Any fixes?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.