Fps & upgrade - real sword type 56-2

Jack Reacher

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right I've read the fps sticky & various other things on the subject & I'm not power crazy.I would however like to increase the fps of my aeg .Its a real sword type 56-2 & i know that there capable of very good accuracy & in the usa they have much higher fps up to about 400 I believe .What I'm trying to achieve is about 330-340 because I will using it mostly in woodland & outside so cqb fps doesn't mattet .I would allso like to use .25s & higher to increase the accuracy What do you good people recomend I do ,is it just a case of changeing the spring & possibly a tight bore inner barrel.Allso can anyone recommend somewhere in my area I could get these upgrades done by a good techy type.Cheers jack

• Supporters

How strong is it now? IMO just change the spring and clean it. Real sword's barrel is fine, no need to get a TBB. It would only give you some fps but since you are changing the spring too, you can get the fps there.

Is there s paticular make of spring which is better ie Prometheus,systema .cheers jack

If there is a big difference in the springs I haven't yet come across the review that shows that. I wouldn't say it really matters but maybe someone has tested and found some are harder than others. Its probably best to choose one that has twistings that aren't uniformly spaced (http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/parts-c8/springs-c102/ultimate-m90-m100-aeg-spring-black-p377) as it puts less stress on the gears. I don't think there are many M100 springs that aren't like that however.

My first upgrade was a spring. Gun came out of the box firing at 340, site wouldn't let me use it so I had to downgrade to an M90 spring. The end result of which was that I learnt how to take my first gun apart and I have been taking them apart and fixing them since.

• Supporters

At least USE it before you start having someone take it to bits! You might (and probably will) find that even with 300fps the range and accuracy on the gun are better than most others at your site anyway.

Airsoft 'upgrades' in my experience very rarely are, nowhere is this truer than with a real sword gun where the parts quality is already very, very good.

• Supporters

If there is a big difference in the springs I haven't yet come across the review that shows that. I wouldn't say it really matters but maybe someone has tested and found some are harder than others. Its probably best to choose one that has twistings that aren't uniformly spaced (http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/parts-c8/springs-c102/ultimate-m90-m100-aeg-spring-black-p377) as it puts less stress on the gears. I don't think there are many M100 springs that aren't like that however.

Really? You've never seen this: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/SpringChart.php then.

Springs from different manufacturers can vary by quite a bit.

I got my rs56 because I didn't need to upgrade anything on it as it's the performance of the hop that is more important than the fps and it's fitted with an extremely effective hop unit.

The barrel fitted is a tight bore of 6.03mm.

The gun shoots as good as you will ever need and it out ranges anyone I shot against.

• Supporters

Really? You've never seen this: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/SpringChart.php then.

Springs from different manufacturers can vary by quite a bit.

Interesting - heard Guarder springs were more powerful but some said they used to test or evaluate 'em on .25's

Never will quite understand the 130% or 170% rating - wtf does that bloomin' mean

(bit like 200:100 or 300:100 helical gear sets ffs - I think 200:100 is kinda like 24:1 imho)

In general we know M100 equates APROX to 328/330 but then you have to chuck in a very perfect tuned setup

with no airloss can add on up to 10% - cyl/barrel ratio can add/subtract - plus manufacturing variations

or rough gradings, perhaps a M105 being rated as a M100 to ensure it hits the mark

(do reckon Element M105 is aprox same power as a SHS M100 out of box myself)

length of spring can mean very little at first glance too

Then there is yet another big difference on top of all this - Bearings !!!!!!

Each bearing used adds more spacing or compression - yeah I know it is obvious

Piston Bearing - this can add up to 5mm - 4mm bearing plus 1mm washer

Spring Guide - if this has a bearing on it then say aprox 4mm

That is getting close to 9mm extra spacing or compression - which is 3 teeth on piston !!!!

No wonder you could get all sorts of weird or unexpected results sometimes

but still learning so unsure the best type of "windings" so far only used standard types

Soz to OP - leave it, see how it all fires for now like most have said

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.