G&G CM16 first upgrade suggestions?

Gman1707

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys i brought my cm16 back in october and have skirmished with a fair bit since then and am loving it :D

However I would like to start doing some of the more simple upgrades such as changing the hop up or barrel ( If I tried anything in the gearbox or wiring id just f*ck it up :( ). The gun is shooting at about 350-360 fps without any modifications though which is right on the limit for my local site so I dont really want to increase fps if anything id like to lower it but dont want to change a spring or cylinder/piston as id never get it back together.

I have found these hop ups which both seem good based on revews:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-hop-up-units/pro-win-m4-cnc-hop-up-chamber-for-marui-m4-aeg.htm#.VOU0UvmsXJN

http://airsoft.parts/products/hop-up-unit-m4-m16-series

as for bucking ive have looked at promy purple but havent found in stock anywhere. the G&G green is decent anyway so i'll probably stick with that for the time being.

or a new barrel:

http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/1339/s/laylax-prometheus-returner-6-05mm-bc-bright-barrel-275-5mm/

this being a 6.05 would that decrease fps at all as it is marginally wider then the stock 6.04? or would a slightly longer barrel be a better solution to lower fps?

Thanks any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

• Supporters

leave it cocked overnight to bring it down a little bit

but would of thought that from October you should of lost some tension in spring by now

TBH - if it is running ok - firing straight/true with a range you are happy with then try & leave it cocked overnight

If it ain't broke don't try to fix it - worry about it when you need to worry about it

usually G&G's pull around 330-340 so would of thought it would of come down a little by now

but that model is the shorter barrel Carbine - like a Comando M4 as some makers call it

has say a 275ish barrel as opposed to usual 363ish barrel so maybe why its up a little if they used a "363" cylinder/port ?

if you wasn't bothered about opening box up then I would say do AOE - that would bring it down 10 to 15-ish

BUT like I said - leave it cocked overnight or 2 nights to lose some oooomph out of spring perhaps

that should lose a little 5 to 10 maybe then check again

Really - if it is running nice then leave it - or at least until she starts playing up & not running so nice

Leave it alone mate

I upgraded the piston, cylinder head and air nozzle on mine for better air seal (the piston teeth got worn right down) and put in a high speed motor but put a lower spring in to be inside site limits, I did this as the gear box was open anyway

Next to go in is a delay chip to pull the nozzle back a bit more and hold it there a bit longer

okay thanks guys I may leave it for now then when I used 0.2gs the bbs would kind of spiral after about 100-120 feet but i cant decide whether that's the wind or a problem with the gun since i swithced to .25s I havent noticed it as much that was my main concern. How do I go about leaving it cocked? should i put it on auto and release the trigger halfway through a shot?

• Supporters

I'm with jcheeseright. Is it inaccurate or too weak? Then fix those parts. If it shoots fine, you have nothing to gain by replacing perfectly working parts with different parts with supposedly better quality but with slightly different sizing. If it happens to work fine, you'll get the same results as now.

Go for external upgrades. Find the best sling, red dot, foregrip, stock, fastmag, etc, or paint it. There's a lot that can be done, without opening the gun.

Edit: just read the 0.20. Use at least 0.25, or even heavier.

Weather can play a big part in where your bb's hit, use heavier ammo and adjust your rifle

If it curves left, move your rifle to the right and vice versa

If it drops down, raise the rifle, again vice versa

Thanks for the advice guys i'll probably leave it for the time being then, I already have a replica eotech, a mock suppressor, sling and a foregrip and will probably save for some new parts like a drop in ris and possibly a magpull style stock although the whole vcra and ukara thing confuses me so I may have to wait until july to get a ukara so its safe to replace the green parts.

yeah i'll turn 18 in july which kind of sucks as its 5 months away :( but I will definatley be getting rid of the green bits and get pistol which will be fun :)

Thanks for the advice guys saved me some money on things that might not even make the gun any better :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.