The Frankengun Thread - new species and crimes against nature

Colonel Kurtz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A post about putting a G36 carry handle on another gun prompted me to search these forums for a thread of people submitting pictures of the best and worst 'frankenguns' they can find/make. I found none so here it is, an unholy pit for the mutant creations of madmen.

I shall start preceedings with a G36;

IDmNVUQ.png

Really? Balls epic fail! It just looked like a G36 with a L96-ish stock, have changed it to another G36 that is definately frankengun!

Ok here's one that def isnt a real-steel and not that bad;

SwordfishM4MP5.jpg

I kind of like it, take of the rail and put a scope on it :)

How did you mount the stock ?? I might try that myself

• Supporters

I kind of like it, take of the rail and put a scope on it :)

How did you mount the stock ?? I might try that myself

It's an SL9 stock. Pretty sure they require a new receiver, but most come in kits with all the parts anyway.

A post about putting a G36 carry handle on another gun prompted me to search these forums for a thread of people submitting pictures of the best and worst 'frankenguns' they can find/make. I found none so here it is, an unholy pit for the mutant creations of madmen.

I shall start preceedings with a G36;

IDmNVUQ.png

That's basically how I have my G36 set up without the V stock...

It's an SL9 stock. Pretty sure they require a new receiver, but most come in kits with all the parts anyway.

While browsing for G36 frankenguns i found quite a few that had been converted into SL9, it seems a company called STAR made a conversion kit, but can't find any instock... Ares and Elite Force/Umarex (not sure if this was made when Ares worked with Umarex...) also make a SL9.

Also saw some people who'd bought the JG SL8, and tried to convert it into the version with the floating rail (canadian version??), with lots of wonky looking failed attempts. Seems someone made a 'bbgun' quality one and sold it as the 'SWAT M10a' version, dunno if that's real-steel accurate, M10a seems to a a code applied to alot of stuff supposedly used by SWAT, feel free to correct me here.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.