Poor FPS

Jambo88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On Sunday my gun chronod at 270fps with no hop up. I've used it at 3 games and only used semi. It's a G&G GC 16 and was shooting at 330-335 when I got it. Is it normal for such a drop after a short period of time?

Ummm not usually but does happen

Check YouTube for teardown and maintenance videos, I had similar problems so I regressed everything and it went back up to 330

Ummm not usually but does happen

Check YouTube for teardown and maintenance videos, I had similar problems so I regressed everything and it went back up to 330

I was looking last night and I don't have anything to regrease the gun with. I phoned airsoftworld and they are gonna look at it so hopefully it's got some kind of warranty so it's free to fix. Also if I wanted to increase my range what would I need I know I need a tight bore barrel and a decent hop up but don't know what else to get. I don't want to change my ROF or have over 330fps just decent range.

Tight bore doesn't increase range, it will increase feet per second (fps) a decent hop and heavier ammo will increase range and a bit more accuracy

If its still under warranty then send it back but knowing how to strip a gear box will certainly help in the future and save you postage costs :)

My MP5K has dropped to under 200 according to the last chrono :( Need to get it looked at as I have NO clue about the tech stuff...

Used it but the enemy still felt it though ;)

My MP5K has dropped to under 200 according to the last chrono :( Need to get it looked at as I have NO clue about the tech stuff...

Could need a good clean, a new spring or buck or even regressing

Used it but the enemy still felt it though ;)

My quote went wrong :(

If you know what to do, look inside the gearbox, could just need regreasing

I have no idea how to take it apart and I dont want to try just now. Need to get my raider re wired and looked at first as thats not working. Would rather have 1 primary working for now than take them both out of action.

TBH it will probably end up in the shop next month for a service and upgrade if poss.

Fair enough, I'll admit it's easier to let a tech look at it but I'm one of those people who needs to know how it works and can fix it

Fair enough, I'll admit it's easier to let a tech look at it but I'm one of those people who needs to know how it works and can fix it

I WANT to get to that point, but dont want to ruin a working gun and end up costing myself more, im not very technical minded.

I have long term plans to bag myself a new rifle and use my Raider as a project to teach myself the art of stripping and pimping guns though, so eventually I will know what im doing.

Hopefully....

So I took the MP5K to Pro airsoft who told me its shooting at 280fps not under 200 like I was told..

Decided to leave it as it is as:

1 - I cant really afford to pay for a service/upgrade etc

2 - 280 fr a CQB gun which is pretty reliable and shoots well its not too shabby.

Will leave it as it is for now, its going to need looking at towards the end of the year so will get it a service and try to squeeze another 40fps out of it if poss..

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.