Replacement stocks for rear wire

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Basically I'm asking a really simple stupid question, if I was to replace the stock of my G&G CM16 would I need to also get a new tube, or just a crane stock that can hold a battery?

• Supporters

you mean it is a carbine battery up front handguard?

or is it a Raider - rear wired on a crane stock?

CM16 is really the ref to the entry level range by G&G

CM16 - carbine is front wired like G26 & GC16 Mod0 (i think)

CM16 Raider, CM18 (crane stock) & FireHawk are rear wired in tube (VS02 stock)

remove the basic rear stock and you most deffo should have a stock tube already

to save agro & improve the look you could fit a snide Magpul type stock on there for front wired models

if you wish to fit larger stock for larger battery then a crane stock won't offer a great deal

over a front wired one - plus if you are front wired the gearbox will need opening & rewire to rear.....

once or if you have a rear wired gearbox then you could fit a fixed stubby stock is a good option

but you lose the adjustable option - but refitting most size/shape batteries is no longer a chore

and most batteries will fit in a fixed stubby very easily....

Cheapo fixed - full or stubby stocks can be bought on fleabay for under £20 delivered from Hong Kong

(if ya get ya ar$e in gear coz China shuts down real soon for their New Year - aprox 7 - 10 days)

Stock tube is removed for these and no longer needed as fixed just screws on back of receiver/gearbox

Or you may have the more less conventional WASP or 100Y variations which don't have stock tubes

I've been looking at some crane stocks that don't come with tubes, and was just wondering if my rear wired CM would work with them with the tube it has already.

• Supporters

Hold up a sec - your G&G is deffo rear wired ???

find me a pic or just inform the model coz it should have a stock tube already

but that don't mean it is deffo rear wired coz many front wired aeg's of various makes

have stock tubes to attach the basic M4 stock's or crane or magpul types....

(Even some front wired aeg's can have a crane stock on there - my crap SRC Dragon has crane but front wired)

I know it sounds daft but just checking ya G&G model is rear wired first

But yeah if you have a stock tube then nigh any stock or crane stock "should" fit on there

(a few really cheap guns have tight fitting stocks on slightly thinner stock tubes but generally they should all go on ok)

But I can only presume you have a battery that is rear wired into tube itself if rear wired and no crane already

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandg-cm16-raider-m4-ris-battle-ready-combo-package-black.html#.VOKoSvmsXgw

Pretty much that but with a full carry handle instead of a simple rear sight.

• Supporters

Raider - the pic is the long version as opposed to short version

(*just means the length of barrel)

Excellent choice btw

So you have a G&G Raider - and yes it is rear wired

(I was thinking without specifying model I was assuming it was carbine which is front)

You maybe should just call it a Raider (L or S but don't matter) and we will know exactly

now look at the rear of it - it comes with a crane stock anyway

so I can only presume now that your old crane stock is either:

Damaged or 2-toned......

Fitting another crane on there will not really increase you battery options

you should already have a crane stock and to best of my knowledge they

don't really make jumbo crane stocks - so battery options won't be any different

or you could just "ahem" repair the one you have or renew it

and stick to nunchuck batteries you probably already using

you already have stock tube but if you go for fixed stubby perhaps

then you should be able to use most batteries and not need stock tube either

But to answer your question - yes just a basic crane stock will or "should" fit on the

stock tube you already have - and simply slide off old & slide on new stock

(wires remain - or should remain in tube) - no tools required

just pull the latch down a bit further to release at end of tube

As long as you buy another G&G stock you'll be totally fine, but be aware the stock tubes differ v slightly between manuafacturers. I found a JG stock was very stiff (giggity) to get on a G&G tube and the holes in a slightly different possition (double giggity) so it wouldn't lock very easily.

Only reason I want another one is for a different look. The one I have is fine, just needs stripping once I have my Ukara.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.