G&G T4 18 into a DMR

Snakeeyes75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I've been trying to sell my T4 for a few days now with absolutely no luck. I've also tried swapping as I'm tempted by a TM MP7 or maybe a M249, again no luck! Those that have them don't wanna swap etc..

Anyhoo, I was thinking, how would it be if I turned it into a DMR? apart from a spring upgrade what else would I need? (I realize I need to fix the selector so it could not be put in full auto). That brings me on to another issue. From time to time the gun locks in semi, the remedy is to flick it onto full, fire a short burst then try again. If it's locked in semi I wouldn't be able to do this. (My TM Scar does it too, I assume most AEG's have te same snag?).

T4-18 as a DMR - its a bit short IMO to look like one, you might convert it to single shot but people wont expect you are one from the gun. But that doesn't say much about technical feasibility.

DMRs stuck on semi auto need to focus on accuracy quite a bit. Better quality inner barrels and air seal. They also need somewhat stronger gears to handle the spring which necessitates a partial metal tooth piston most likely as well. Then because of that the motor might struggle so you need a higher torque one. DMRs are kind of expensive to build really because you often have the same limits as the snipers with minimum engagement but you have a lot less power and hence accuracy just from throwing heavier BBs so you need to fix a lot of the inconsistency in the gun and then the knock impact of all that extra power.

As to the locking up the main solution seem to be to using a breaking mosfet and then to remove the anti reversal latch. The end result is that the mosfet stops the gears turning on each shot and you don't need the reversal latch to stop bad things happening. Can't say I have ever tried to do this however. The other possibility is actually to use something like a King Kong Burst wizard. Instead of removing the ability of the gun to go full auto instead you lock it to semi with the mosfet. Then if it does lock up you have the ability to release it as the gun can still full auto with a bit of work (either removing the wizard or reprogramming it briefly and then setting it back to single shot). Whether the burst wizard is an option depends very much on your site and whether they would allow the possibility of potential 400fps+ full auto accidentally/for clearing a jam.

:blink: Only a few days? Patience.. Give it a month or less, I'm still selling stuff since October/August, just takes time.

No point turning it into a DMR really if you've already got a VSR..

Ah Patience... What is this you speak of?? True, My VSR spanks everything else I have. I just don't like things hanging around.

T4-18 as a DMR - its a bit short IMO to look like one, you might convert it to single shot but people wont expect you are one from the gun. But that doesn't say much about technical feasibility.

DMRs stuck on semi auto need to focus on accuracy quite a bit. Better quality inner barrels and air seal. They also need somewhat stronger gears to handle the spring which necessitates a partial metal tooth piston most likely as well. Then because of that the motor might struggle so you need a higher torque one. DMRs are kind of expensive to build really because you often have the same limits as the snipers with minimum engagement but you have a lot less power and hence accuracy just from throwing heavier BBs so you need to fix a lot of the inconsistency in the gun and then the knock impact of all that extra power.

As to the locking up the main solution seem to be to using a breaking mosfet and then to remove the anti reversal latch. The end result is that the mosfet stops the gears turning on each shot and you don't need the reversal latch to stop bad things happening. Can't say I have ever tried to do this however. The other possibility is actually to use something like a King Kong Burst wizard. Instead of removing the ability of the gun to go full auto instead you lock it to semi with the mosfet. Then if it does lock up you have the ability to release it as the gun can still full auto with a bit of work (either removing the wizard or reprogramming it briefly and then setting it back to single shot). Whether the burst wizard is an option depends very much on your site and whether they would allow the possibility of potential 400fps+ full auto accidentally/for clearing a jam.

Sounds like a fair bit of work. I spoke to a couple of guys at my last game, one was running a T4 as a DMR with a stronger spring and piston (I think) that's what gave me the idea. TBH I'd rather just sell it! I'm just loooking for options.

yeah just wait a bit, also please note that it's only worth what people will pay for it. I thought my gun as well as a load of accessories was worth much more than i sold it for, but it took 2 weeks and i bumped the price down a bit, clearly not what other people believed it was worth.

yeah just wait a bit, also please note that it's only worth what people will pay for it. I thought my gun as well as a load of accessories was worth much more than i sold it for, but it took 2 weeks and i bumped the price down a bit, clearly not what other people believed it was worth.

Yeah, i'm getting that the resale price of these things are horrendous? That's why I thought of a swap! Seem to be a lot of people on the various forums and FB groups that list really nice guns but they just don't sell!

• Supporters

Yeah, i'm getting that the resale price of these things are horrendous? That's why I thought of a swap! Seem to be a lot of people on the various forums and FB groups that list really nice guns but they just don't sell!

You're selling at just about the worst time of year. Nobody has any money left from Xmas and any they got as gifts will have been spent. Plus to be honest you are asking top money for a used item. Usual rule of thumb is that a second hand gun is worth no more than 70% of its retail value IF it's pretty much as new. You've admitted it's got some usage scratches and it's been skirmished so I would say nearer 60% to be honest. £200 is probably a fairer price.

Good luck with selling it though, looks like a nice gun.

You're selling at just about the worst time of year. Nobody has any money left from Xmas and any they got as gifts will have been spent. Plus to be honest you are asking top money for a used item. Usual rule of thumb is that a second hand gun is worth no more than 70% of its retail value IF it's pretty much as new. You've admitted it's got some usage scratches and it's been skirmished so I would say nearer 60% to be honest. £200 is probably a fairer price.

Good luck with selling it though, looks like a nice gun.

Fair enough. I've lowered it to £220 all in, at the mo that's the lowest I can go. I've tried swapping it for a TM MP7 but with no luck. It's honestly been used 5 times max!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.