hi all im new and need some information

Mik3y1987

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

im going to be starting airsoft with a friend of mine we are going to ultimatewargames.co.uk and using there kit while we play until i get my license to purchase my own equipment

now then the question is electric or GBB ?

i have been doing research and im liking the tippmann m4 at the moment i know there top of the game in paintball guns and now have moved to airsoft and there product and reviews look very promising

now i would like to know what guns you have your self ?

electric or gbb

and are they reliable easy to mod and have you had any problems with them

hope i can get some good information of you guys/girls

Many Thanks

Mike

• Supporters

I'm not gonna say G&G - damn it I just bought another one

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

read up here a bit - Ian's guide is good and you do not need to spend a lot

if you buy DECENT cheap stuff - you will do more than ok

buy cheap crap, well that is where many of us learned the hard way

aye, a Tippman M4 will set you back a few quid, the CO2 mags are like rocking horse poo so unless you are going to strap an (expensive) HPA set up onto your back they are not very usable at the moment. I'd avoid GBBRs too until you know you like the sport and tinkering and going up against folk with 450 rounds in their magazine when you only have 30..... and your one mag weighs as much and costs as much as the other 6 450 round mags they have in their pockets!

AEGs are easy, if you buy a decent (note I didn't say expensive) one it will last you a decent amount of time with minimum maintenance and you could experiment with running only 30 rounds in each magazine to see if you can cope with real caps! :-)

hi all thanks for the info

license i meant the UKARA so i could purchase my own guns

and yeah i know what you mean 30 rounds compared to peoples 450 bb mags but with military experience i would like to keep it abit more realistic and jump into the deep end with airsoft and just get stuck in

if something breaks ill take apart and fix it.

I know im proberly being ballsy but the best way to learn is to get stuck in

i was thinking of getting the WE l85a2 just as thats what i would be drawn to and keep it familiar but..... i want to try something different

sitting duck - just checked the link ill have a read thank you

PT427 - the tippmann m4 i do really like the look of it and yes i would get a few extra mags as i know there 30 round mags, the co2 is small to carry with me and seems easy enough to swap the mag out and have a quick reload also swapping the co2 cartridge couldn't be made easyer

i was debating co2 first for a while and then i would get the HPA tank with line so i could then run compatible mags which could hold the 450bbs if i wanted to

the fps process on the tippman seems simple incase i visit other sites which has certain fps limits but..... if its no good from your experiences then so be it

id rather spend the money on something decent so i will listen to you all as you have been in the airsoft game and know your stuff if the tippmann is not for me and a cheap but decent electric gun is needed then ill go for that to get started , but if there is a decent pricey gun which is good i want to know :)

iv been slobbering round for the past 4 years as you do when you get conformable in a relationship im unfit and just do my day job but now im on the healthy eating and mega fitness routines again and got my state of mind in play so thought airsoft would make me feel right at home :)

also thank you for my welcome message's everyone maybe will see some of you on a game :)

also any good website links to look at a few choices and purchase from?

I get what you are saying but in a game lasting over an hour a real cap mag will be a hindrance (yes you can reload in field but will still be a PITA). Also you'll not be able to reload a tippman mag without putting in a new CO2 cartridge as they vent when removing the mag.... (I do think the mags hold 70-80BBs though). Not trying to put you off, just trying to let you know what you'll be getting into. Also if you're able to find the tippman CO2 mags for sale anywhere then maybe they have started supplying them now as there were none for sale when I previously searched. I run an HPA set up, and have a GBBR but I have an AEG to fall back on if either play up, or I just can't be bothered to run them. As a side note you can get some pretty cool AEGs now, mine is a PTS RM4 which has recoil, the mags can take either 30 or 60 rounds at a flip of a switch on the mag, it has bolt lock to the rear when out of BBs is damned snappy to shoot and very accurate with awesome range. Worth considering:

pts-erg-rm4-cqb_1_mark.jpg

MPTS-AEG-FL502680407-BK-2.jpg

• Supporters

buy slightly cheaper stuff is my motto, I ain't that good yet to warrant a high end TM

like just passing ya driving test is my take on almost anything you starting out with

yeah you could get a nice new or newish BMW but most of us run with more down to earth stuff first time around

Plus if it breaks and you can't fix it or f*ck it up even more - scrap it and start again

or cut ya losses with ya old banger motor and get another one

slowly working ya way up towards your higher end motor or aeg

Would lay money that your first time gearbox service doesn't quite go to plan

coz them guys who do it all the time are so good they make it look easy

yup - only a few parts in there but my first few box's didn't work too good when I first started tinkering

(still got a lot to learn myself but just saying about my take on things - up to you or owner what they do/buy)

Ok guys thanks for that taken the info on board :)

Pt427 - i like the look of that where can i purchase that from and look at prices and the spec

Also can alot of attacments be added as i see the rail on the top is fine to mount scope etc but will i need to mod the front to add attachments

Many thanks guys/girls

Welcome to the sport and the forum! Some great advice on here, the guys know their stuff, I like you came to this with a military background and was drawn in to it by handling a GBBR in an airosft shop. I've bought GBBRs since day 1 and never looked back! Sure, I've had my ups and downs, bad days, good days, expensive days and days when nothing seems to work! Too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter! The gun's fps that is! But I love 'em!!

I'm actually looking at my first AEG at the moment, a G&G L85A2 AFV, (It should be called an L22) but the only reason I'm looking at it is they don't make a GBB one! And yes, it would be nice as a fall back on the cold pesky days when i want to hose pipe bods like the rest of em!

For realism, good all round performance and decent value for money I do like WE, I've got a 416 and an L85, but I'm also looking at the GHK M4 10" CQB , because they're reputation for reliability is awesome! I've seen them shoot and was very envious!

Good look, good hunting and welcome to the mistress of airsoft! She is one expensive biaaatch!!!

im going to be starting airsoft with a friend of mine we are going to ultimatewargames.co.uk and using there kit while we play until i get my license to purchase my own equipment

now then the question is electric or GBB ?

i have been doing research and im liking the tippmann m4 at the moment i know there top of the game in paintball guns and now have moved to airsoft and there product and reviews look very promising

now i would like to know what guns you have your self ?

electric or gbb

and are they reliable easy to mod and have you had any problems with them

hope i can get some good information of you guys/girls

Many Thanks

Mike

Not saying tippman does not make good airsofts (I have no knowledge on that as a matter in fact), but never trust a brand in something simply because they are good at something else. Crosman make excellent airweapons, while their airsofts are mainly cheap springers. Glock makes rubbish knives and some very respected real weapons manufacturers have licensed their trades to be used on rubbish airsofts.

The general rule is to start with AEG (electric), and the general advice here is to start off with a G&G combat machine.

He never will have a UKARA, UKARA is a retailers association.

UKARA run a scheme largely aimed at allowing them to continue in business selling RIF's to airsofters. They basically hold a database of players site registration details. This can be accessed by there members ( i.e. businesses ) to check if a player is registered at a site which subscribes to there scheme.

UKARA is not a licence neither is it your defence, your site registration is your defence, UKARA just provides one way to check it. You could simply provide your site details to a shop or UKBA if importing.

As for weapon recomendations I would recommend getting yourself down to a shop or site and try as meany different guns as you can get your hands on. If you decide you like the AR Platform I would also recommend the KWA/PTS RM4. It has all the reliability and ease of use of an AEG with some of the benefits of GBBR's i.e. recoil and stop on empty. If you can't run to the price I would say try either a G&G Combat Machine, which is a polymer entry level gun. Don't let the polymer construction put you off it is a very well built and reliable gun. A price point between the two I would recommend a G&P M4, they make about a million different versions, all solid well built guns.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.