Mesh Face protection Help

AirsoftgoesAli

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've played a couple of airsoft games now and want to upgrade from the rental masks, which look like fencing masks to my own.

I was thinking of the lower face protection being mesh and then having either clear goggles or mesh goggles. Then have a beanie to cover my ears and top of my head and a schmock to cover my neck.

I would love to know what you think of this setup and your suggestions. I would also like if you could tell me some places where I can get each item from at a reasonable price without sacrificing quality.

Thank you

I've been trying to sort out the same issue myself. The last 2 games I've been too I come home with Concussion on one and a split cheekbone on the second where a sniper pellet has gone in the tiny gap between the goggles and mask!

I've now sorted out a mask which covers my whole face. I use Nuprol Mesh goggles with 4 griptied to the mask. It also allows me to remove the straps from the facemask so it's a bit more comfortable. I now always wear a helmet too with the ear covers. I know it's overkill but I'm not having something like this ruin the hobby!

eyepro wise, i dont wear mesh but it is fine despite people claiming it is not safe. I personally would recommend ess or revision products but with whatever you get, make sure that is is rated to the recommended requirements. See this thread (http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/25107-buy-decent-eyepro/ )

If you're under 18 most sites will probably insist on full face protection till you're 18, but there are several different types if you want to get your own, you can then customise is by fitting foam strips etc to improve the comfort, and paint it if you feel the need. Can't really recommend one in particular as its a personnal choice but would be worth looking at a few websites, maybe put pics up on here then people who have one can comment if its good or not. Welcome to the forum by the way!

I personally wear polycarb eyeshields, with mesh lower face and a cap to protect my head. My UBACS has a high neck so there is very little chance if taking a hit there so i dont bother with any restrictive neck protection

Having said that, one lucky pellet did find its way to my neck today... Hit the zipper on my UBACS but it still stung.

I'm under 16 and from my first game I found the full face mask was preventing me from firing accurately (I couldn't get my sights lined up because it was a stupid fencing style one and went to far out from my face). So I was wondering if I'd be allowed to wear goggles and a lower face mesh mask (like this: link btw are they any good ?) or does it just depend on the site I go to ?

All the sites I attend consider a lower mesh mask and goggles to be full face protection. Give your site a ring and ask them if they would allow you to do that to meet the requirement.

I had the same problem getting down on the sights which is why I have cut my mesh mask pretty extensively with a dremel. I have made it contour under my goggles perfectly so I don't get any issues with BBs getting through or pressure from the mesh onto the goggles and I have cut the bottom a bit shorter as well to end at my chin. Then I have spent a reasonable amount of time making it push into my skin as well so that I can get a reasonable cheek weld on the gun. I get the combination of keeping my teeth and not taking face shots and the ability to get onto the sight. I still need a high mount but its not impossible anymore.

Aengus

My friend who is also under 16 was allowed to wear a lower face mesh, goggles and helmet combo and the Marshalls were fine with it it just depends on what site you go to

Quite right, it depends on the site. My locals require under 16s to use one piece face protection, 16-18 year olds to use that OR two piece face protection.

It kind of is the law, because if a minor were to be injured (tooth shot out, hitting inside the moutg etc), the site owners would be held responsible in the first instance for failing to protect them (until they prove they did everything reasonable to protect them, and point the HSE to a more suitable culprit) . Over 18s are expected to make that decision themselves and accept the risk, especially when the safety brief recommends full face protection.

• Supporters

Aye most sites prefer if not demand u16 to wear full face

It ain't worth the risk or hassle if goggle + lower face don't fit or there is gaps

However my site allow my 15yr old to wear both goggle + lower as:

He is taller than me and it fits very very tightly

plus I give him permission, skirmish with him usually and they can see he is quite mature & responsible

(unlike his dad who does still wear full face)

Being mature doesn't mean he will be safer - I understand that but he makes sure there are no gaps

and will return to safe zone if there ever was a problem with the fit is what I was meaning

most sites want younger players to wear proper full face as safety is such a top top priority to all involved

so much easier to demand full face than explain to a parent little Jimmy lost a tooth today

After getting shot point blank on the nose (that was a painful experience!) on my first game I went full head/face coverage.

I use a full mesh head mask and a black m88 helmet with gas mask for cqb.

I'm a firm believer of covering your entire face after being twatted a couple of times in the face & head when I first started. I've opted for a mesh face mask which covers the ears as well, mesh goggles are my preference as i'm the worlds sweatiest man, lastly I went for a fast helmet which does the trick nicely, however I have worn a standard cap in the past which does the job just as well.

Might not be everyone's cup for full face cover but works a charm for me, biggest plus is the confidence I have as previously I would turn away when people were shooting at me.

post-9923-0-83972000-1424162530_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-97637000-1424162722_thumb.jpg

MikeMarden,

Your setup is exactly what I was looking for do you think you could send me the links for where you bought each item?

Thank you

No real magic beans here, mesh goggles from any good Airsoft supplier... Shouldn't pay anymore than a tenner for these (Your local site will probably sell them). Face Mask is a Black Bear variant I sourced from Ebay & the Fast Helmet, again sourced from Ebay.

Yeeeeeeees

Its a full face mask and wouldn't be advertised there if it was no good

• Supporters

Given Patrol Base would be risking their reputation(at the very least) by selling a sub standard mask I'd go with yes.

I normally run lower mesh with ESS advancer v12 goggles and whilst it works I've had a shot get me on the bridge of the nose two weeks in a row, which wasn't ideal when the one the first week drew blood lol. Up to you though, personally I'm not fussed about getting shot in the face if it doesn't hit my teeth.

As mentioned previously any decent airsoft supplier should sell suitable mesh eyepro and lower facemasks.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.