So after just 7 days of the hobby....

V2K1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well done to you, sir, for managing that. However, you may need to prepare yourself for some comments on this thread that may be less than complimentary.

• Supporters

Well done to you, sir, for managing that. However, you may need to prepare yourself for some comments on this thread that may be less than complimentary.

His second post clearly states that he rented previously. Let's not all get in a tizzy for a change.

• Supporters

I retract all I said.....

soz to OP for jumping on bandwagon

helmet is the bellend type though

if he dealt with one or two peeps on here....

One is a very upstanding person so that settles it for me the OP is above board / defense etc....

(post was misleading - one week and all that - RIF stuff, implies you just started)

soz for being a dick and jumping to conclusions - my very very bad

but yeah get a better helmet to go with ya good stuff

• Supporters

I fail to see the issue here... He looks to be over 18, and as he said, he's skirmished before using rentals... So how do we know he isn't registered?...

• Supporters

Good to see the UKARA and VCRA systems showing how well they work! ;-)

Did you see the post right before yours?

His second post clearly states that he rented previously. Let's not all get in a tizzy for a change.

Daaaagh! Missed that bit. BUT, I thought there was a bit where he said he'd not played yet? Must have read it wrong.

Lozart, you are, sir, yet again correct. My post wasn't meant as a criticism, I hope it didn't read that way? Tizzy hopefully avoided!

• Supporters

Cool m8

The first line(s) was slightly misleading, we have a lot of "guests" / kids

looking for loopholes or how to get RIF's easily which is not good for the sport

I said soz for my foolishly failure to absorb the whole facts, like I said one seller on here

I would nigh on bet my ar$e fully checked and verified you legit

(soz if I jumped to a possible conclusion on the other seller may not of)

All the UKARA / VCRA stuff causes friction at best of times but to be fair it really is how

the owners of such items conduct themselves that really matters in the long run

nice kit - and sorry for pre-judging you and not taking time to read the whole thread first

(forgive this old fool that really should know better than judge books by their covers)

I retract all I said.....

soz to OP for jumping on bandwagon

helmet is the bellend type though

if he dealt with one or two peeps on here....

One is a very upstanding person so that settles it for me the OP is above board / defense etc....

(post was misleading - one week and all that - RIF stuff, implies you just started)

soz for being a dick and jumping to conclusions - my very very bad

but yeah get a better helmet to go with ya good stuff

I see where your coming from with regards to the helmet now lol

Which one would you recommend??

but to be fair it really is how

the owners of such items conduct themselves that really matters in the long run...

I fully agree with you buddy - after 12 yrs in the HM Forces including two tours of Afghan under my belt I think I tick that box....unless im given Rum ;) lol

• Supporters

Google up FAST helmet's

they go for about £40 to £60 but you can get from poland/china for about £25ish

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152206590-FAST-PJ-CFH-Helmet-Replica-Foliage-Green-L-XL-.html

Much more - "pro" looking, my son nicked my one and I am left with the "bellend looking" one

but hey it protects my receeding hairline bald head from getting scratched to f*ck on branches n stuff

Actually he edited that post, about renting as previously it stated he hasn't played his first game yet. Am sure he meant to state that he has been skirmishing for over 2 months and a minimum of 3 games but forgot to do so. It was why my post had a "wink" instead of a "I can't believe you are flouting the rules blah blah" bollox. I don't give a sh1t if folk buy outside of the VCRA rules unless it puts airsoft in a bad light, the rules are crap and unenforceable so please don't now all pounce on me because you didn't read the post before it was edited!

I fully agree with you buddy - after 12 yrs in the HM Forces including two tours of Afghan under my belt I think I tick that box....unless im given Rum ;) lol

Am ex RN myself mate, 12yrs also on subs

Actually he edited that post, about renting as previously it stated he hasn't played his first game yet. Am sure he meant to state that he has been skirmishing for over 2 months and a minimum of 3 games but forgot to do so. It was why my post had a "wink" instead of a "I can't believe you are flouting the rules blah blah" bollox. I don't give a sh1t if folk buy outside of the VCRA rules unless it puts airsoft in a bad light, the rules are crap and unenforceable so please don't now all pounce on me because you didn't read the post before it was edited!

Yes you are correct PT247 - I did edit my post explaining it better as I did put got my first game Sunday WITH my new kit....

V2K1, you don't need to justify anything. My reply was as a result of reading that it was your 1st game ever and that the normal route into UKARA defence had been bypassed. As I say I wasn't criticising, more trying to warn that some may have read your post and posted some form of rebuke owing to the fact that they have had to wait etc. etc.

I hope it was taken in this manner, if not I apologise. The last thing I would want to be seen as is a keyboard warrior.

• Supporters

It is good to know that even I and may one or two others perhaps jumped on bandwangon a bit

At least it is good to know that we all feel quite passionately about protecting the sport we all enjoy & love

(ahh bless on Valentines day too - feel the love)

All friends still

Oh and welcome to forum m8 btw - lol

Im drawing a line in this post guys....Any further comments etc please pm me :)

No hard feelings to anyone from myself btw....

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ill renew my helmet - I get called names from the wife so dont want to add to the list! lol

The BB's though - I did buy them off eBay but maybe imported by seller from Poland......:$

Is the BLASTER ones better then??

This helmet sitting duck?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Emerson-Airsoft-FAST-Base-Jump-Helmet-BJ-type-Black-em5658-/130922988034?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item1e7b9e4202

• Supporters

If you can stretch to it, an FMA brand helmet would be better. Take a look at apextac on eBay.

If you can stretch to it, an FMA brand helmet would be better. Take a look at apextac on eBay.

Can you link me an ideal one please?? When it comes to approved gear I dont mind forking out more for it

EDIT: this one?? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FMA-SF-DEVGRU-EXF-BUMP-Tactical-Helmet-for-Airsoft-Outdoor-Game-Black-/291087700983?pt=UK_H_G_Major_Appliances_Oven_Cooker_Hoods_ET&hash=item43c62dd3f7

Or this one??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Light-Weight-FMA-FAST-Tactical-Protective-Helmet-PJ-For-Airsoft-Paintball-BK-/301521778294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4634193676

• Supporters

either will do but last one is cheap and "seems" to be in UK

BUT - however clicking on tz-electronic says he is/was a member based in China

so it "may" not arrive exactly as you might be lead to think

That said - I've ordered a couple of bits and they arrived very quickly - under about 5 days

from a "UK" labelled china seller so he could of had a warehouse in Manchester say...

Only reason I'm pointing this crap out is coz its gonna be Chinese New Year soon

and stuff can grind to a halt for 7 to 10 days in the far east

so maybe do a little research first if you are expecting it soon

any fast type helmet - even a cheapo snidey one will increase your airsoft cred atm

(my wife calls me loads of names too - and that is without the bellend "u look like a nob" look)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.