G&G SCAR-L nozzle length

Lozart

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Right - I recently messed about with my SCAR L (fitted a BTC Spectre which works fine by the way) and while it was apart the nozzle looked like it could possibly do with replacing. Having skirmished it last weekend the FPS was down and sometime I would get BBs just fall out of the barrel or double feed or sometimes not feed at all so I'm thinking there may be an issue with the nozzle/hop rubber.

Problem is that there seems to be a bit of conflicting info on t'web about what nozzle it actually takes. The G&G website doesn't even list the SCAR as a model they make (never has done). I've emailed them but...well it seems to take forever for anyone to reply from China so I'm asking here.

Does anyone have any DIRECT experience of replacing the nozzle in one of these? I don't really need any more "I've heard it's the same as xxx" unless you can back it up with some form of evidence. I really don't want to end up with completely the wrong nozzle just because someone heard that a mates brothers uncles one uses the same as an SR25.

• Supporters

No but my m8 Nobby down the pub, knows some guy who..............

Measure the old one coz there quite a few variations out there

some seem "similar" to M4's - pah that's a joke

M4's can be anywhere from 21mm to 22.5mm

seriously some reports say long bastid mofo's about 29mm

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/classic-army-bore-up-air-nozzle-for-scar-series

but the proper G&G one don't look nothing like a longer nose 29mm type:

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gg-jet-nozzle-air-nozzle-for-gg-scar

the above mofo don't look very long to me....

G36's & SR25's are a touch longer than M4's - getting to 24mm APROX !!!!

so really can't help ya with EXACT TRUE DEFFO I HAVE DONE THAT example

if ya measure the old G&G nozzle then some of us might be able to search/hunt or even check what "might" be near that

(G&G - ain't they in Taiwan not China btw - but same meat different gravy)

• Supporters

Taiwan is part of China.

I had thought to measure it but that does require taking the whole thing apart again.

The SCAR H definitely takes a longer nozzle and the Classic Army and d Boys one are different again. Hence the question.

• Supporters

The other reason for wanting to know the right size nozzle is to find out if I'm limited to oem parts or if (in the event of an m4 nozzle fitting) I can fit a nice o ring seal nozzle.

• Supporters

Taiwan is part of China.

I had thought to measure it but that does require taking the whole thing apart again.

The SCAR H definitely takes a longer nozzle and the Classic Army and d Boys one are different again. Hence the question.

OK - serious suggestion but how about giving Fire-Support a ring and asking them very very very nicely

if they can measure the G&G one ???

(will save ya buying a genuine one & measuring it or take box apart again)

Only going by pics but deffo don't look like D Boys 29mm, They (G&G) may have decided to build it all

around their convential M4 stock of parts, unsure what other non-M4 models may be using though

but could kinda make sense

however here is a ROUGH list of nozzles and their range of lengths

(say rough range coz it really really can vary a bit as you already know)

AK's 19.6mm to 20.7mm (short or long versions but these nozzles can really vary)

MP5 20mm to 21mm - no step or ridge

P90 20mm to 21mm - no step or ridge

M4's 21mm to 22mm to just under 22.5mm

M14 23mm - no step or ridge

SR25 23mm to 24mm

G36 24mm - no step or ridge

AUG 25mm

SCAR Boyi - 29.15mm

SHS Red M4 nozzle - there are at least 2 types

One has 1 x O-ring and other has a double or 2 x O-rings

(both are nigh on exact same size when put side by side but slightly different ending at nozzle tip)

NB - is really only a very very rough guide I threw together and that is taking the description's specs

(which can be way out anyway - so don't flame if I'm talking out my ar$e once more but just a start)

• Supporters

Yeah good idea might just drop fs a line. Cheers for all that info man, for someone that claims to be a clueless noob you certainly know where to find the details.

• Supporters

I got a reply from G&G!

Apparently the correct length is 21.1mm.

• Supporters

oooopsie for double post

anyway updated my own list on pc with Lozart's actual Lonex list

bound to a good thing to check/measure stuff against....

Can see now the importance of getting right or near as damn it

coz they really can vary a bit & possible to lose a good seal/feeding

many thanks for info sir

• Supporters

cool - so "probably" a standard M4 or M4-ish one around that size could work

the "rough" chart didn't take long and could come in handy as ref point to check/update against

well I'm keeping it to hand, and you can have a little measure up on M4 type nozzles now

love G&G

• Supporters

the "rough" chart didn't take long and could come in handy as ref point to check/update against

well I'm keeping it to hand, and you can have a little measure up on M4 type nozzles now

seen shs red M4 as being 21.47mm in descriptions if that is worth much

love G&G

• Supporters

seen shs red M4 as being 21.47mm in descriptions if that is worth much

love G&G

Yeah I'm thinking of going for a Lonex one:

19.63mm - AK Series

20.40mm - MP5-A4/A5/SD5/SD6 Series

20.73mm - P90 Series

20.77mm - M16A1 VN/XM177E2/CAR-15 Series

20.96mm - LMG Series

21.05mm - MP5-K/PDW Series

21.13mm - PSG-1 Series

21.20mm - G3-A3/A4/SG-1/MC51 Series

21.22mm - M16A2/M4A1/SR16 Series

22.26mm - SIG 550/551/552 Series

24.27mm - G36 Series

24.60mm - AUG Series

24.61mm - M14 Series

as it seems to be a bit closer.

• Supporters

Taiwan is part of China.

Not related to the post but Taiwan (AKA The Republic of China) is a completely separate country to The Peoples Republic of China, it like Saying that North Korea and South Korea are both the same country and we all know the MASSIVE difference between those two.

Differences between the two are:

Taiwan is a fully democratic state where its people elect a president, prime minster etc from a number of democratic parties (a bit like here in the UK)

China is a single party Communist state where its leaders are elected by a select number of Party members

The Peoples Republic of China in it current form was created under the leadership of Mao Zedong (backed by Communist Russia)

The Republic of China in its current form was created by General Chiang Kai Shek of the Kuomintang (Back the US of A)

The Peoples Republic of China passport is RED with the main govt building as the logo

The Republic of China passport is Green.

In the UK people from The Peoples Republic of China who visit to study or work with the correct visa must register themselves with their local police force and must notify their local force if they move home or residence.

In the UK people from The Republic of China who visit to study or work withe the correct visa don't have to register themselves with the police and are free to move about the UK.

Technically Taiwan and PRC are still at war as no peace agreement or treaty was ever signed, like the argument between North and South Korea.

Anyways more to the point about SCAR - L Air nozzles lol

I found on my friends WE SCAR - L which uses a V2 gearbox to use just a normal nozzle, though i know that G&G sometimes uses a propriety nozzles just for giggles as my G&G MP5 had a different nozzle length from a standard TM nozzle.

• Supporters

Regards to the nozzle I've had a response from G&G (see post previous to yours) and they've confirmed that it's 21.1 mm which puts it into "probably an M4" range. I'm going to give one of the Lonex air seal ones a try and if that doesn't work I'll just splash out on a proper G&G one.

As for Taiwan....well, it depends on who you ask. Yes, Taiwan is a sovereign state with its own government (Republic of China) but Taiwan says that the Peoples Republic of China is theirs and that the communist government is having a bit of a laugh, Beijing on the other hand says they own Taiwan (they claim it's their 23rd province) and that THEY have dominion over all of China. The nub of it is that they no longer have membership of the UN and indeed are not recognised by the UN and are widely unrecognised by other countries. There's still nations that maintain diplomatic relationships with the ROC but not everyone. They're kind of the Far East version of Scotland really.

Hey mate

I have a G&G scar my self and im currently going through the process of upgrading it.

As Im also interested in purchasing a lonex air seal, can you please tell if you went ahead with the instalation and which one worked for you?

Many thanks

• Supporters

Not done it yet but as and when I'll post an update (far too many other guns need fixing first - mostly other peoples!)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.