D4817 - Worth it?

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

it would probably cost more than you're paying for the gun tbh, just use foam and some gaffer tape to hold the battery in place, or if you're handy with tools make a butt plate from sheet plastic from a model shop? :)

I can do the later, I have a sheet of plasticard I never used.

What the fck is a D4817..?

Serious answer: I'd just keep saving up, as aforementioned they're generally not gonna be upgradable anyway. What's more, magazines might not be interchangeable? Extra batteries would probably be compatible (if they're the same mini Tamiya connectors) but they'd cost at least a third of the price of the gun itself, each.

Could hire three times then buy from a European retailer like TaiwanGun or Gunfire (once you have UKARA) because guns from there should be cheaper

For your UKARA defence, should be three times within a year, BUT not all in under 2 months. Preferably the same site (otherwise you'd need proof from each one? I don't think anybody does go to more than one their first 3 times, not worth the extra hassle)

Then you'll fill in a form or summut I can't remember exactly and wait for confirmation you're ont database.

Bear in mind the self check thingy website is shite from my expedience and what I've heard from others, and probably won't work (as in won't display your record if you search for it) Speaking of which I'm pretty sure I have a UKARA defence despite being 17 and I'm down as being 43 or something (due to some cock up with the guy who used to work at halo mill I guess)

Worst part is I know of someone that would sell me a two tone 552 for under £100. I guess I'm just really impatient.

you could always check the classifieds on here and ask the seller if they will paint the upper receiver and foregrip a bright colour if there is somit in your price range. Assuming you are over 18 that is?

Regarding being impatient I think we've all been there, rushed out to buy what sounds a bargain only to end up wishing we hadn't, thats why some will jump in shouting "NO DON'T DO IT"!

But if you're only losing £30 on something to tide you over and tinker with its not the end of the world, even if you go to a skirmish and end up being owned by the regulars! At least you'll be able to get an idea if you enjoy the games and what you'd like to move up to, what works for you etc and maybe then get your ukara sorted.

Well that sig could be mine...a friend might lend me the 70-80 quid I need to be able to afford it and fuel. ICS sig 552 for £105 posted, in legal 2tone.

For thirty quid, it may be worth having it and just cobbling up a solution for the rear butt plate which costs nothing, then using it until it dies or you get something better. But spending anything on attempting to improve it is really going to be pretty much a waste of money, since for the same 75 quid you’d spend on sticking a metal gearbox in the thing and getting a new buttplate, plus the thirty quid you spent on acquiring the thing, you could have something which is okay in the first place, such as a Galaxy G5 MP5K or a G&G M4 or some such.

Even if you did tart it up, it’s still the equivalent of a cheap car with a fancy spoiler pop riveted onto the boot. It is what it is unfortunately, a decent airsoft gun is basically going to cost 100 quid upwards.

Managed to get a cm16 with two mags two tone for £90 :D

Glad you guys stopped me from agreeing for the well straight away

• Supporters

thank f*ck for that

I was gonna dig out some crap stuff and sell ya 2 x 500's or something if you was really really desperate

but thankfully you came to your senses.......

Honestly m8 - if you managed to avoid buying crap the first time you had a lucky escape

You will never know just how pi$$ poor some $hite is......

£30 posted minus say best part of say £8 = £22

£22 gun the guy is desperate to sell probably like me it is an embarresment just taking up room

but it ain't even got the complete stock with battery cover (pi$$ poor HK416 bad look alike)

so you can't even say it is worth that in parts - it ain't even that

A decent v2 box will be £40 & G&G box probably a little more say £50......

Ya kinda getting an idea on how much better the "next step up" really is over a crappy plinker

Just telling ya straight - not gonna slander any shop or owners of plinkers

but trust me you had a very close lucky escape - alas I wasn't so lucky and many others like us on here

were perhaps mislead a little and regretted it

£90 G&G, nice gun and one I'm sure will do you right and be much happy with it as it way more superior

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.