One for the snipers :)

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hmm... Well, you could set it to no hop and see how far it goes before it drops. Do your shots dip at all when zeroed in? If so, like at the longest range of your garden, then that's the length the hop adds bonus to. Basically, tick your hop up two or three hits, and zero it in at a longer range when you get the chance.

• Supporters

Short garden about 20 yards.

A&K svd using .36 dark coloured bb's...... My question is how do you set the hop for long range in a short range please?

Atb

Andy

You don't. There's no way you can know what the BBs are going to do at the end of their flight without observing it.

I just zeroed my ASPUK VSR, Impossible in my back garden. I paid a local gun club £5 to use their 100 meter range. I zeroed at 65 meters, then moved back to the 100 meter mark to see how much the BB dropped and vise versa I moved forward to the 50 meter mark to see how the point changed. It's well worth doing it properly. I'm going to be taking all my pistols and AEG's down there to set up! £5 well spent

Thanks guys I'm up the club on saturday so I can get set it up but the dark bb's won't help, wished I bought white .36 now!!!

Don't worry, I bought 2000 .4g King arms grey BB's! I shot 30 before buying a bottle of Nuprol .43's! Worth keeping though. The enemy has a harder time seeing the dark colours too!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.