AUG Upgrade Suggestions / Known Issues

Airsoft_Mr B

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys I'm pretty set on a JG AUG A2 or A3 as my next gun now (around November though)

Are there any common issues with them, and if so what would be required to fix these? If I remember correctly the trigger can be temperamental and I know supposedly the feed nipple (never heard a gearbox part referred to as a feed nipple before) will wear away quickly.

I'm not necessarily planning a DMR build but the idea is to improve accuracy. range and reliability (use longer inner barrel length to an advantage)

Also considering a silent parts setup and wondering how effective / useful / practical (as in how silent will it really be, will the gun sound much better) this would be if anybody has done this themselves?

So the following upgrades at the moment are as follows:

'Replacement AUG feed nipple' off AirsoftWorld - £11.18

SHS AUG CNC Air Seal Nozzle - $4.50

SHS AUG CNC Cylinder Head - $8.50

Madbull 'Shark' or 'Blue 60' Hopup Buckings - up to £16

Madbull 6.03 509mm TBB - £33

SHS or Super Shooter 13:1 Gear Sets ~ $26

SHS or Super Shooter V3 Spring Guides - $9

M90 Spring (Probably SHS?)

AIRLAB Sorbo Pad to correct AOE - £5

New piston if needed? SHS Full Steel teeth or Madbull XF

MOSFET (to correct trigger problems?) Gate PICO? (any cheap, quality, easy to install ones - will probably get Patrol Base tech to do it with good solder / soldering iron etc)

or (instead of other cylinder / cylinder head or piston head)

http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_AEG_Cylinders_Pistons_Systema_Silent_Head_Set_AUG_SG550.htm

http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_AEG_Cylinders_Pistons_HurricanE_New_BORE_UP_Cylinder_Set_for_AUG.htm

I know Systema are obviously a good brand but unsure about HurricanE, and at the prices they are on offer at, might it even be worth buying those parts right now before I miss out?

Any recommendations on which would be the best parts to choose?

Appreciate it guys cos although I'm a regular on here I'm really inexperienced with internals. Will be upgrading my MP5 soon as practice actually (gears, spring)

I know most upgrades will be an easy drop in but find shimming etc quite confusing and will take practice.

Hey guys I'm pretty set on a JG AUG A2 or A3 as my next gun now (around November though)

Are there any common issues with them, and if so what would be required to fix these? If I remember correctly the trigger can be temperamental and I know supposedly the feed nipple (never heard a gearbox part referred to as a feed nipple before) will wear away quickly.

Awsome! :) You might as well get an A3. Neither one actually represents a RL gun particularly well but at least with an A3 you can mount acc's no problem.

The nipple is not part of the gearbox btw, it sits in your magwell plate. If you change it you just need to take the gearbox out and then push out the existing one and swap it over. Best bit I have found with my TM so far is that it is a doddle to take out the gearbox. You just take the battery tray out of the stock, take the barrel off which like the real steel is quick release, then bang the stock against the table until it falls out.

As for internals, I have never fiddled with my AUGs innards and dont intended to, its not that much younger then me but however prior owners have set it up it seems bomb proof.

509mm barrel for an AUG seems pretty excessive, doubt it's got the cylinder volume to accomodate that.

Other than that looks like a pretty good recipe, i'd prob still rather spend another £100 and not go JG though.

ah well lol, stand corrected, might need a few more bits to make the 13:1 gears work to their full potential though; bearings, cylinder, high speed motor etc

I have a TM AUG that I have heavily modified many times to make it silent so I have plenty of experience.

Regarding barrel length and volume issues I am running a 650mm 6.08mm barrel without a bore-up kit and it runs perfectly.

Regarding making it silent, consider getting an airbrake from Lees Precision

http://www.leesprecision.com/collections/aeg-internal-parts/products/cnc-machined-v2-v3-acetal-airbrake-piston-head-aoe-shims

Keep the original cylinder head as you need a flat cylinder head for the Air break to be most effective.

Don't use a sorbo pad with the airbrake, it will reduce effectiveness. Use the AOE shims to correct the AOE.

The Airbrakes are not designed for High Speed setups so maybe consider using the stock gear first and see how it goes.

I've never had an issue with the feed nipple or the trigger contacts.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.