Noob Incoming!

Infernopz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

well you had but remember you might be limited to Aim Down Sights on any larger mask

NASA or deep sea diving helmet would be a bitch to go on the offensive with I reckon

soz being silly but you gotta remember any full eye + face protection will impede you getting in close on ya sights/scope etc...

Guarder (among others) make eye pro with clip in prescription inserts, I've used mine for a few years now and not looked back (pun intended!), got the lenses done by Specsavers on one of their 2 for 1 deals and use with a mesh lower face mask which almost eliminates fogging completely.

Hi, and welcome aboard.

You are pretty close to me, I live in Stockport and go to Trojan’s Wear Mill site fairly regularly and occasionally to their woodland site too. Other sites reasonably local to you are some of the First and Only ones, one of which is near Manchester City Centre, so take a look on bogle for F&O.

Trojan’s CQB site at Stockport is very big, with combat taking place across six floors of the very large mill, it has two stairwells (these stairwells are often choke points where battles can get quite fierce). They often have weekend games and also do a lot of evening games (typically on a Wednesday).

There actually is a shop at Trojan in Stockport, which sells eye protection, masks, guns, ammo and other bits of kit. It’s not huge, and it was broken into a few weeks ago, so is currently being restocked back to is former glory, although there is lots of stuff there now, since they’ve had a few weeks to sort things. It’s worth a visit if you are nearby, especially if you wanted to ‘try before you buy’ although I would give them a call before you set off, as it can be closed some days. Nevertheless, it is very easy to get to, being literally a thirty second walk from Stockport bus station, which you can get to straight from Tameside easily enough (just go out of Stockport bus station along the River Mersey side of it, under the railway viaduct, turn right, and you are there), it’s about a five minute walk from the train station if you got there by train, the train literally goes over the mill before it stops at the station, since the mill is partially under a viaduct arch. If you are driving, you can park in the mill yard, although you should note that there’s a bit of a weird one way system to actually get to where you turn into the mill yard, which has you skirting around one of the bus garages.

The proprietor of Trojan (Ben Franklin) is a very nice and helpful guy (you can find him on Facebook if you search for Trojan Airsoft), and he will probably be worth having a chat to, as he will be able to answer any questions you might have and can sort out UKARA and all that stuff. You can hire equipment from there for skirmishes, typically this will be a G36 assault rifle, a mask and a tactical vest. The staf there are very friendly, many of them are ex-Polish special forces guys, so they really know their stuff.

As far as skirmishes at Trojan go, there are some things to consider: It’s a very big site and can be a bit confusing when you are new to it (you really could get lost in the place as it is very labyrinthine in places). Week night battles make this a bit tougher too, since it is dark on many floors and stairwells (and by dark, I mean literally pitch black), so you might wish to consider going on a weekend in the daytime for your first visit, to make life a bit easier. But, if you went on a week night, it would be okay so long as you had a torch. Everyone who goes there has a tactical light on their weapon, almost everyone has a pistol as well as a main weapon, and many people also have a knife too (you can buy them from there for a tenner btw, wire mesh goggle eye protection is about a tenner in their shop too incidentally).

The reason everyone gets tooled up with pistols and knives as well as a main weapon, is that you can only fire on semi auto at the site (since it is CQB) and you can only use grenades and main weapons on the level floors, not on the stairs. When fighting your way up and down the stairs, you can only use pistols and knives, so if you don’t have those, you would be at a disadvantage, although this needn’t mean spending a lot of money, I’ve used a cheap springer pistol on the stair loads of times (cost me fifteen quid), and you can simply use your hand as a knife if you want to, although of course that means you cannot throw your ‘knife’.

I would seriously recommend covering up your neck with a scarf, wearing a helmet or baseball cap, covering your arms, wearing thin gloves and having some decent high-ankle trainers or boots when going to Trojan’s mill site, as at the kind or ranges battles occur, those BBs can really hurt and will draw blood from bare skin. Make sure you have a torch too. Oh, and a bottle of water is a good idea as well, it can get really hot in there.

Since I go there quite a lot, gimme a shout if you are going to be there and I’ll bob down and you can team up with me and a few others if you like.

It's basically twenty quid to play and another twenty if you are hiring gear. Price drops a bit when you are a member, and you become a member automatically when you've been there once.

Might tip up for that one on Sunday, see how I feel, life's been a bit crap for me recently with girlfriend cheating on me and my dad having died, so don't take it personally if I don't show up. :(

I'm from Ashton and go to Olympus and a Thursday night with 2 of my mates. The hire guns are ok and the staff are good what I would do if I was you is get a torch as it is very dark on all but one of the floors. Been going for a few weeks now and still get lost in the mill. If you want to join our 3 man crew to make it 4 you will be welcome as we are all new to. The only down side at Olympus is that the attack and defend games they run can get unfair to play as when it's the swap over the attacking team leaves so all you have done all night is defend! It's happen twice coupled with the faceted that it's so dark you can't tell if you have hit any of them can get a bit irritating. On a plus side it's free membership (if you go 3times) so you can get a gun quick time! Hope this is helpful.

Around 7pm I'm there next Thursday my name is lee my loadout is all black which don't matter because I could wear white and the other team still wouldn't beable to see me it's that dark :)

I'll be there Thursday too, just decided. No point moping about feeling sorry for myself, I'll shoot some people in the face instead lol :lol:

I'll be wearing a black PASGT helmet with black combat gear and will have my name tag Bradbury on my OD tactical vest and an AFUK patch as well. Gonna try out my new MP5K

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.