Uni dissertation - questions on sub-culture of airsoft

dvd7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone!

I’m a 4th year uni student and I’m doing my dissertation on the sub-culture of airsoft and the rise of it and I was wondering if I could ask a few questions to aid my research into the people behind the sport.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated

Thank you once again!

What is your age/gender?:

What’s your day job?:

What are you hobbies?:

What is important when you buy your gear? (Price, quality ect?):

Where do you buy it? (online, small shops or big chain shops):

What makes you buy your equipment? (reviews, word of mouth ect):

What is important to you in life – what motivates you?:

Once again, thank you very much for any help you can give!

This is airsoft not paintball, although similar activity, it's a pretty different sub-culture, sure you're asking in the right place?

fair enough lol, I'll start you off;

What is your age/gender?: 31/M

What’s your day job?: IT Engineer

What are you hobbies?: Airsoft, Music Production, Snowboarding, Cycling, Kayaking/Wakeboarding,

What is important when you buy your gear? (Price, quality ect?): Style - Quality - Price (in that order)

Where do you buy it? (online, small shops or big chain shops): Online

What makes you buy your equipment? (reviews, word of mouth ect): Both reviews and word of mouth, or calculated risk

What is important to you in life – what motivates you?: Pseudo Psychology and caffine :)

What is your age/gender?: 40M

What’s your day job?: Technical Clerk

What are you hobbies?: Motorcycles (building/riding/trackdays), gunsmithing, beer, and obviously airsoft

What is important when you buy your gear? (Price, quality ect?): How much alcohol I've consumed that eve lol, I'll always try find the item I want at the best price but want quality kit, buy good; buy once.

Where do you buy it? (online, small shops or big chain shops): Local Surplus store is first port of call as like to help local businesses but will always shop around online to try find a better deal

What makes you buy your equipment? (reviews, word of mouth ect): Guns would be they look cool and are generally the higher end of the market, research them on here, on YouTube and by seeing how my friends rate them

What is important to you in life – what motivates you?: My friends

What is your age/gender?:

23/M

Whats your day job?:

Assembler for biomedical company making centrifugal evaporation units and freeze driers

What are you hobbies?:

Airsoft, music, wargaming

What is important when you buy your gear? (Price, quality ect?):

Price, quality of build and internals and availability (plus service)

Where do you buy it? (online, small shops or big chain shops):

Online, second hand from other airsofters

What makes you buy your equipment? (reviews, word of mouth ect):

Looks, reviews and other peoples opinions

What is important to you in life what motivates you?:

My daughter and fiancee - plus my friends

What is your age/gender?: 19M

What’s your day job?: University student

What are you hobbies?: Gaming,Golf,Flying

What is important when you buy your gear? (Price, quality ect?): Decent quality to price ratio

Where do you buy it? (online, small shops or big chain shops): army&navy,local airsoftshop,fourms

What makes you buy your equipment? (reviews, word of mouth ect): Other peoples opinions, and youtube reviews

What is important to you in life – what motivates you?: Being successful

• Supporters

What is your age/gender?: 47 Male

What’s your day job?: Manager in Print company

What are you hobbies?: Airsoft, Computers, Travelling, DIY,

What is important when you buy your gear? (Price, quality ect?): Quality & Price (got loads of crap that ain't)

Where do you buy it? (online, small shops or big chain shops): Online

What makes you buy your equipment? (reviews, word of mouth ect): Both reviews and word of mouth, or calculated risk

What is important to you in life – what motivates you?: The wife's nagging - I do as I'm told for peaceful life

could go nutz and loads of silly remarks but yeah we are a mixed lot from all areas/walks of life

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.