M4 Dmr conversion

iBrowniee x

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I wanted to know if it is worth converting my m4 into a DMR.

I have a G&P enforcer it shoots a 330fps. I was looking to buy a 4x32 ACOG, A 16inch barrel, a 6 inch bipod that extends to 9inch and a flash hider. Would there need to be any gearbox upgrades or anything els that I would need to buy. ( I am getting my parts from kh mountain so they are cheap)

Also I was wondering if a ACOG is good enough or should I buy a sniper scope with a variable zoom I play in woodland areas so it would be handy. Please post below on suggestions pic will be included below.post-10894-0-57955100-1423602838_thumb.jpg post-10894-0-27826600-1423602868_thumb.jpg

An airsoft DMR is a LOT more than just a large rifle. You have to pour a lot of cash into proper internal upgrades and spend a lot of time installing them and tweaking with the weapon to get it right.

My M27 DMR has these aftermarket parts in it:

• Prometheus tightbore barrel w/R-Hop
  • Super Shooter Gears
  • Gate AB Mosfet
  • SHS Hi-Torque Motor
  • Lonex Compression Parts
  • Air-Lab Sorbo Pad to correct AOE
  • Prometheus M120 Spring

It's also been locked to semi automatic to comply with skirmish site rules on DMRs. It currently does 410-425 FPS on 0.20g BBs.

The short of it is you need to spend a lot of time and money getting a rifle up to DMR specification before it's worth it.

The length of your rifle is up to you, it really doesn't matter. You don't have to have a long rifle to turn it into a DMR, barrel length does nothing to an airsoft gun's range. I've heard of MP5 AEGs being converted into DMRs before now.

If you're making a dedicated DMR then yes the gearbox & motor will need to be substantially modified/replaced to put out 400-450fps with 0.2s (depending on your site DMR limits) and locked to fire semi auto only (note you will have MED Minimum Engagement Distance rules imposed, usually 30m or so, so you would need a sidearm too, and play a different style to when using a standard aeg).

DMR buiders usually put money into a well sorted hop unit too, as the whole point is to be able to outrange aegs at say 350fps.

You don't really NEED a big telescopic sight but they can look very cool, but a 2x or 4x red dot will be more than adequate for airsoft ranges.

An airsoft DMR is a LOT more than just a large rifle. You have to pour a lot of cash into proper internal upgrades and spend a lot of time installing them and tweaking with the weapon to get it right.

My M27 DMR has these aftermarket parts in it:

• Prometheus tightbore barrel w/R-Hop
  • Super Shooter Gears
  • Gate AB Mosfet
  • SHS Hi-Torque Motor
  • Lonex Compression Parts
  • Air-Lab Sorbo Pad to correct AOE
  • Prometheus M120 Spring
It's also been locked to semi automatic to comply with skirmish site rules on DMRs. It currently does 410-425 FPS on 0.20g BBs.

The short of it is you need to spend a lot of time and money getting a rifle up to DMR specification before it's worth it.

The length of your rifle is up to you, it really doesn't matter. You don't have to have a long rifle to turn it into a DMR, barrel length does nothing to an airsoft gun's range. I've heard of MP5 AEGs being converted into DMRs before now.

I am under 18 so the limit I can go to is 350 but my someone I know build airsoft guns so I would let him tweek anything that needs doing

Word of friendly advice. Those cheap China clone ACOG's are a big no no. The fibre (if it even works) falls out really easily, the lenses fog up really easily, and the lenses break to a bb impact or drop...really easily. The metal and paint is rather pathetic and will scratch, chip and break, you guessed it...really easily.

Much better just to save up a bit and buy a higher quality one for ~£150 to save wasting near £70.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.