bbgunsforless are they a good sight to.buy from

OliC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Who is ya local gun shop JustBBGuns ????

Any sight with BB in the name is not a professional shop !!!

Most of the stuff is very low end, their reviews are not quite as good as they make out

JBBG lie & bull$hit, BBG4Less - I don't think they actually lie but more not so well informed I would put it

OnlyBBGuns are a tiny bit better but still noobish

Solid Metal = Brittle Plastic

Quality = Crap

Fantastic = Utter $hite

most stuff is very low end designed to be sold to kids and noobs and you will get owned with their stuff out on a real skirmish site

Most of us have been duped/mislead/lied to after we made a mistake buying from these pro's

BUT there is a "few" things they sell that are ok or not too bad but just be mislead so easily

Ask here about this or that and tell us exactly what you are after

you might have to spend a little bit more but trust me it will be worth it in the end than buy crap

Or if you want I can flogg you some of the crap I have bought in the past but I will tell ya its crap

(seriously - think twice before buying a "pro gun" at such a cheap price)

• Supporters

As in title iv been looking at the sight but not sure if they are a good sight to buy from or could someone recomend where to buy from as i had problems with my local gun shop cheers

Ignore the ladies flapping handbags at each other.

We would recommend: Fire Support, Zero One, Pro Airsoft, Land Warrior, Socom Tactical (in no particular order). What are you looking to buy and does it need to be two tone? Also - take a look in the "Places to buy" thread as there are many reviews of shops (both online and bricks and mortar) which may help your decision.

• Supporters

OOOOooooh you cow :)

Serious point to be made here though.

Not directed at you specifically SD but to all and sundry that pile on in these things -

When a new member comes to the forum and asks for advice, how about we keep the ming mong ping pong to a minimum and stick to actual, helpful suggestions instead?

Technically, the answer is yes, BBguns4less is a good site to buy from, because they will process your order quickly, will contact you if there is a problem, and prices and delivery cost are often quite good etc. I've bought a few things from them, so I know this to be true. The problem is that a large proportion of the stock they sell, is not the kind of stuff you would use for airsoft skirmishing of the kind that most people who are members of this site indulge in. The upshot of that is that it is okay to buy stuff from there, providing you know the good from the bad, but the problem with that, is that you can't rely on the reviews/product overviews on the site itself, either the videos or the text ones which people post on product pages, because a good proportion of those reviews are from people who either don't know any better, or don't know what they are talking about, or are trying to get you to buy the thing, and possibly all three.

Such BB gun sites profit from the lack of knowledge of many buyers, and that is the main reason why they are held in low esteem by most members of this forum, as opposed to it simply being because they sell cheap and cheerful backyard plinking guns, which there is nothing wrong with doing, providing you make it clear that this is what the things are, most BB gun sites do not make that very clear at all. Thus much of what they actually sell, is therefore, disappointment. When you know what you are looking for, and know a particular product is good, then BB gun sites are as good a place as any to buy from, but only when that is the case, because there is a lot of sorting the wheat from the chaff to be done to find the decent products in amongst all the crappy stuff, and that is a minefield for someone who is new to the hobby of airsoft.

I've bought stuff from bbguns4less, bbguns365 and onlybbguns, and they have all delivered exactly what I ordered in good time and good condition, but I knew what i was after product-wise, and simply went with those guys because they were cheaper, not because they were the place above all to buy things from. So yeah, go ahead and use them to buy stuff, but you'd better be sure that what you are buying is something decent, and you can't do that by believing the information and reviews on their product pages, because many of those are at best misleading and on occasion downright false.

Some the 'BB Gun' sites are kind enough to classify guns are 'garden-use' but lots of the ones they list as 'pro' or 'skirmish-ready' really aren't or at the very bottom of the spectrum.

I'd say the best advice we can give new players is that 'BB guns' are substandard compared to what most own, and therfore won't quite give you a competitive chance for ranged battles at woodland sites, but are just as usable as anything else for close-quater-battles. That they should try renting guns for first few games to see if they actually like the sport enough to invest in it, and then buy a half-decent one as so many will buy a cheap two-tone bb-gun, and then replace it with a decent one soon as possible anyways, and leave their first gun to rot in its box.

I bought a couple B500A1 and couple crap spring pistols for messing around in private woodland at a friends house, and think we just about got my moneys worth of fun out of them, but I would rather have spent double the cash and have 2 more guns i could still use.

• Supporters

yup true, but GiantKiwi had beaten me to listing numerous good sites or alternatives

and so I was giving cold & possible harsh or stern warnings about the site in question for OP

But that's my point - there's no need for anything beyond "no, they don't really sell skirmish suitable guns, try these ones instead".

I know it's a forum and yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the "bash the 'BBGUN' shops at every opportunity" approach is (to me at least) not conducive to building a community of well informed, like minded enthusiasts (I realise I'm starting to sound like a train spotter now but hey, I don't care) so much as a rabble of kids that deserve to have their toys taken away.

I made reference in another thread to the almost inevitable UKARA/VCRA/Jambwow dogpile that seems to kick off in every new members first thread recently and I for one am getting pretty fed up with it. As I said before, it puts new members off to see their first tentative question on a subject they need help with turn into a slanging match between existing members. If anyone has ever been over on Visordown or The Rev Counter you'll see a perfect illustration of why this is a "bad thing mmm'kay".

there's some pretty decent introductory guides stickied in the new arrivals section, haven't spotted anyone directing a new player to them so far...

Ignore the ladies flapping handbags at each other.

We would recommend: Fire Support, Zero One, Pro Airsoft, Land Warrior, Socom Tactical (in no particular order). What are you looking to buy and does it need to be two tone? Also - take a look in the "Places to buy" thread as there are many reviews of shops (both online and bricks and mortar) which may help your decision.

im looking for a two tone gun i was looking at the g&g ak47 , i am not a membre of ukara so cant have rifs atm only thing is the sites iv looked at have a long wait as they have to paint the guns before sending them. if i can get a good qaulity gun already two toned want about 300 to 350 fps

im also a bit confused to the g&g ak 47 it says it has a fps range from 350 to 390 and my local airsoft site has a limmit of 350 so does that mean i can or cant use it

• Supporters

im also a bit confused to the g&g ak 47 it says it has a fps range from 350 to 390 and my local airsoft site has a limmit of 350 so does that mean i can or cant use it

Most shops will fit the correct spring for you to ensure that it will meet your sites requirements. You just need to tell them the FPS limit you need to meet when you buy it. How long a wait have you been quoted for painting?

retailers usually only chrono randomly, different batches of identical guns may have different springs hence the figures quoted. Some will allow you to specify the spring you want at additional cost.

When it comes to retailers there will always be someone who has had a bad experience with any of them, but for my money Airsoft World are pretty good. Cyma AK's have a good reputation for reliability and are generally cheaper than G&G too. As a rule avoid really cheap stuff (ie if its less than £100) unless you really know what you're buying. Having stuff 2-toned will add to delivery time unless its a manufactured 2-tone which is in stock, which can be posted straight out.

• Supporters

great investment - a few AK lovers will be very pleased on you joining the dark side as one may say

there is always a bit of friendly M4 Vs AK but both are great choices.

(eye protection is a must even if just taking a few shots in garden - some ricochets have bounced back to me)

wise purchase, good make/model from a good retailer

yh im over the moon with it, the other half is going to get one too so we will have two ak47's, was going to ask what battery charger and bbs people would recommend

haha yh im not clued up at all with airsoft guns, know more about my air rifles for hunting but fancy a change to something more hands on with a group of people instead of walking around a field with a rifle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.