Hi Guys

SoapAirsoft

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

I'm Ryan, or Soap as I'm known online (I've had the nickname long before the now famous Soap Mactavish...), took a break from the game for a bit, but now back at it properly and looking to produce some quality Airsoft content on youtube.

I'm also constantly on the prowl for locations I could possibly turn into a site (in the south of england). Found a lovely old group of warehouses that would have been perfect, but no idea how to find out who the land owner is. The warehouses are disused!

Anyhow, look forward to chatting with you all, and perhaps playing with others.

Have a chat with the local council, they'll be able to check the land registry. I'd not mention airsoft to them until you have a business plan with insurance, noise control, safety, etc all planned out though.

Have a chat with the local council, they'll be able to check the land registry. I'd not mention airsoft to them until you have a business plan with insurance, noise control, safety, etc all planned out though.

Yeah, I figure once I have a landowner who is willing to rent, I can then put together the other parts of the plan. I have a rough idea of what I'd need.

However, I have found myself wondering how half these site owners find this land and derelict buildings to use. I have literally just come across the one place that 'looks' disused, not sure if it actually is the case!

A new business takes a LOT of hard graft and stress to get set up no matter what the industry, it isn't something I'd want to do but wish you all the best with it dude, especially if you in the south as it means a new site to try out for me! :D

It's quite hard to get a site these days, especially down south. Most will be leased via a property management company by square feet, and you wont be able to get pro-rata per day deals. A disused building awaiting development that you can get hold of the owner and arrange such a deal is abit of a holy grail and will require a fair bit of questing & luck to find!

My last employer was such a property management company, and i've been trying to use my contacts there to find potential sites in exchange for fixing their laptops occasionally. I wouldnt try running one myself but know some companies i can pass it along to in exchange for free skirmishing for life. So far only had one potential which went nowhere :(

Welcome back to the fold, enjoy!!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.