Laylax Ghost in the Shell Arise Rifle

Colonel Kurtz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Laylax are a decent Japanese manufacturer of custom body-parts and upgrades for airsoft rifles. I've seen plenty of their P90 kits in use, and various other little bits of kit in the field. All top quality stuff made very well out of decent materials.

Laylax have confirmed they'll be releasing their first full custom airsoft rifle this year; the Seburo rifle used by Kusanagi in the latest Ghost in the Shell: Arise anime. This was announced last February as a concept, but yesterday Laylax showed the model version of the gun off at the 2015 Wonder Festival Winter (as the airsoft version wasn't permitted to be used in the building).

The whole thing is being done very officially/licensed, rather than just a resin mould of someones balsa-wood model or liberated film prop like most tv/film guns. As of yet there's little details in terms of specs, a modified version 6 gearbox similar to the FN2000, the sight will be detachable, that's about all they've mentioned so far.

As a single piece of an airsoft gun made by Laylax costs a hundred quid or so, it can't be too much of a surprise that the airsoft version of this full gun is due to retail for 158,000 yen, which equates to about £875 at current exchange rates.

The high price will keep most away as it has no real-steel heritage or PTW standard internals to make it seem worthwhile. Anime fans like me (especially as GITS is my all-time favourite anime) will definitely consider it, for me it's a done deal and will be getting one as soon as it's released. Hopefully wont be too soon so I don't have to sell a kidney (some hobo's not my own ofc)

I'm expecting most to dismiss this gun entirely, people either wont like its looks and wouldn't buy it regardless of cost, or won't spend PTW money on one even if they think it looks good. But that'll just make it more unique in my hands :)

eHxItJM.jpg

gkJf4Js.jpg

F4aETTx.jpg

e3OEW3J.jpg

Yeah kinda like if a TAR made a baby with an SA80 while a P90 watched!

I hope so, but i wont be suprised if the battery will go (in the CAD pic) what appears to be a small box connected to the bottom of the stock plate, meaning it'll be another case of squeezing in a mini 8v nimh or 7v lipo until the wires fray. the massive foregrip will prob just be an empty space, and annoyingly difficult to get into :)

That's just the guns the anime creators cited as their influence, i guess the stock is similarily rectangular and has bullpup setup?!?

I like the way it looks because i've watched hours of it being wielded by a bird with massive tits, and it's different so more interesting.

If this gun is ugly, then why do you consider an M4 or MP5 good-looking? ;)

Hehe yeah it has had the front inflated and behind thinned for sure.

But by the same logic your noveske is just an M4 with purple pants on and a different sponsor ;)

This one better be able to perform for near £900, thats like a high class hooker or ten crack whores worth

depending on size and strength, I thing I'd go for one, she looks pretty nifty.it also kind of reminds me of the morita from rounghnecks.

• Supporters

It doesn't look like there's space for any existing gearboxes, the mag is seriously close to the back end. Might end up being a fully custom job, since it's Laylax, and that would certainly justify the price a lot better.

It'll still have to have a cramped as hell set up though, it'd probably make sense to make it gas and use a short bolt, or non blowback or something.

Laylax have mentioned it's a modified v6 gearbox, very similar to the FN2000 one, so should be able to dishout decent rifle-performance

updated post with pics of the rifle in the flesh, gives better idea of proportions

• 3 weeks later...

don't suppose there's any update on release date, makeup of the body etc?

don't suppose there's any update on release date, makeup of the body etc?

No specific date listed, i am unsure if it poor google translation but there was mention of simultaneous release with the Anime, might be when the 3&4 episodes get us/euro release? No further details of tech specs last i looked

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.