Ares Amoeba 009 wont feed

SimonQuigley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently, my 009 has had some issues feeding, some shots would leave the barrel, some would fall out the end and some wouldnt feed at all. I replaced the hop and now it seems to feed 7-10 bbs and then it will stop. So today I noticed that the black tip (i dont know the technical term) of the 009 was protruding much farther from the casing than my G&G, i assume that the longer tip is stopping bbs from feeding into the hop. So what can i do to fix this?

o83a1or.jpg

I had similar issue with an ICS the advice i was given is that alot/most such mis-feed issues are caused by the hob rubber being squashed into an elipse, which is often caused by the barrel getting pushed in abit during use, or not enough grease/oil used when putting the hopup together (as well as the hopup rubber perishing ofc)

For me this was indeed the case as i'd swapped the inner barrel but not used any grease/oil and the hob rubber had gotten squashed in my first noob-ish attempts.

if replacing the hop improved it a fair bit, i'd guess this could be it and you just need to try re-assembling it more carefully?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.