What do i choose?

Digna2

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking about getting a new AEG to replace my BW15 Compact.

There are a few models i am thinking about.

-G&G F2000

-ICS L85A2 (or the L86A2)

-G&P Mots M4

-G&G CM16 R8-L Desert, M90 Version.

-Classic Army Steyr Manlicher AUG A2

What do you guy's think, or do you have better suggestions for a good AEG with descent range?

• Supporters

at a risk of being flamed and then burned in hell as well......

maybe include - ouch its getting hot in here...

AK47 with 455 barrel

&

SR25 / 417's as well perhaps but is longer cylinder/piston

longer barrels don't guarantee longer range but unsure what range you are looking for

against size of gun etc....

Well, howmuch people think i am crazy when saying this but i like the looks of the F2000

Ok, its lumpy i admit, but there is something about it, a certain "jenesaisquoi" that atracts me.

What i read about it is that its a pretty descent gun out of the box, and with some small adjustements it would be able to get a longer range than some standard TM's and stuff like that

Yeah I'm one of those odd people who like the looks of the F2000 as well.

The range is very good as standard, only change I've made to mine was installing a basic non-ab mosfet which made trigger response on a 7.4 lipo even better. Incidentally the battery space is pretty decent, I use a 2200mah which will easily last all day.

Only issue I've got with mine is that semi-auto has become unreliable (tends to shoot full auto), seems to be there's an issue with the trigger system. Problem with fixing it is that the way the trigger works is completely incomprehensible.

Just remembered another positive, it's one of the quietest AEG's I've heard. Not had the gearbox open but I guess the shim job is good.

The older ones had a problem with the cut off lever, shape wasn't quite right so it would jam. Got mine Spring last year and it's got the slightly revised lever which doesn't have that issue, even with the older version it was a 5 minute fix.

What's causing it on mine is that the contacts are not separating at the right moment when the trigger is only pulled half way, cant work out why though.

• Supporters

From my point of view :-

-G&G F2000 <no experience>
-ICS L85A2 (or the L86A2) <some people have reported feed issues, see Ed's review>
-G&P Mots M4 <no experience>
-G&G CM16 R8-L Desert, M90 Version. <i have the CM16 raider L, i consider it my workhorse, 2 years old and going strong!>
-Classic Army Steyr Manlicher AUG A2 <not a fan myself>

Just get what you like the look and feel of, it's not like any of them are the real weapon, they're all pulling a spring back and firing a plastic ball, so they're all gonna do pretty much the same thing, and they're all reasonably decent choices. Any minor differences in performance can be addressed by tarting any one of them up a bit, so you might just as well pick the one you like the look of. If looks aren't the only issue, and you see yourself messing about with the thing and tarting it up a lot, then go with an M4, for the availability of parts.

Might be a bit tricky getting hold of an F2000 new, don't know if stocks have improved at all but for a good while they were almost impossible to find.

Think I heard something about legal issues surrounding cybergun, possibly due to G&G selling an un-trademarked version which still looked identical to the real FN F2000. Might be wrong though.

Descision made.

It is going to be the F2000

The airsoft shop where i always go has 1 more left and they are putting it on the side for me (long live good service :P )

They are also aware of the problem some off the F2000 have (the semi mode problem), but if the gun i am getting has it also they know how to fix it (but they cant do anything before the problem occurs)

Hope ill be able to get it soon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.