What does "Asia edition" mean?

Steviewev23

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I'm looking at buying the VFC HK417 GBBR for my next rifle but it's available in an Asia edition version and just wondering what the difference is? I know this rifle is available in a German edition as that's locked to semi auto only.

Any help would be appreciated before I go sinking some big bucks into it.

Thanks, Steve

• Supporters

the VFC 417 is supposed to be really good, know a few guys who have been running them over the winter and are quite impressed.

Asia editions are normally MORE powerful than the EU editions, the VFC 417 asia edition for example is ~400fps on propane, while the EU edition is more like 300fps.

the VFC 417 is supposed to be really good, know a few guys who have been running them over the winter and are quite impressed.

Asia editions are normally MORE powerful than the EU editions, the VFC 417 asia edition for example is ~400fps on propane, while the EU edition is more like 300fps.

Huh well I posted a status about wanting a 416C and heard they are bad :| or at least the WE is supposedly much better

From what I've read the vfc 416 isn't that great but the 417 is a big improvement. Plus WE don't make a 417.

Thanks jcheeseright, if I get an Asia edition are the internals the same as an EU spec but tinkered with to get the higher fps and therefore under more strain? I'm new to the GGBR world so what would I need to do to get the fps up on a EU edition?

Thanks in advance

Steve

• Supporters

The exact differences vary. A lot of the time it's actually trademarks, i.e. the Asia edition will have full and realistic trades because US and European arms manufacturers have a much harder job preventing their sale in HK/Taiwain/China etc whereas once those items get to Europe and America with unlicensed trades they might get seized. Sometimes there'll be bigger differences, like materials used for a pistol slide etc. Overall the term doesn't have a catch-all meaning, you've just got to research the specific model you're looking at.

If you open both the different versions' product pages at a retailer and study the descriptions and pictures closely you'll sometimes see where the differences are. If not then contact the retailer (e-mail or facebook).

• Supporters

well different gun but know the WE 416 don't have TradeMarks @ LWA

(bought cheapo D-Boys instead then)

but VFC one is licensed with markings n bits

However as said above buy one from far east and it could very well have markings on them

over here & US they are quite hot on markings if not officially licensed etc.........

Right I think I've cracked it, there both exactly the same FPS wise as everywhere that sells it says between 360-380 FPS. But the difference I've noticed upon very close scrutiny is that the EU version says cal. 6mm BB on the right side above the pistol grip in medium sized white writing whereas the Asia edition doesn't have this instead its in very minute etching on the dust cover.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.