First and last upgrades for my new HK416D!

Droven

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey everyone,

this is my first forum for airsoft so id like to say hello to everyone, im 23 from London and play at red 1 cqb airsoft, Im relatively new to airsoft and its now my favorite pass time apart from pc gaming :P

i recently purchased a Tokyo marui HK416D which also is my first real AEG i decided why not shoot for the best.

so ill attach a invoice of my hopefully god like internals i plan to beast out my 416 with :) any suggestions and feed back also appreciated

Happy airsofting all!

Regards,

Droven

post-10854-0-12696000-1423244267_thumb.png

Tokyo marui

I'd say it doesn't need any upgrading but others may know better.

At least I wouldn't bother with the hop rubber, TM hop unit / rubber are already excellent stock.

Just read your post again and realised you've already bought the stuff.

Welcome to the forum by the way ;)

Not sure we needed to see the amount you spent.

Great guns out of the box. Did you research them at all. Many people say they don't need upgrading from stock.

That said my CQBR has a eagle 6 m90 spring to go in. But it out ranges most guns as is.

The seigetek gears are not the greatest, the prommy gears are far better and you will lose fps down to that wide bore barrel, so any real gain you've made in dos you'll lose on that, wide bores generally only work on gbb rifles

I've built a couple of recoils for people and seen those gears break up whereas the prommy ones are mental hard

ah that's a good bit of information, ill see if they can change the barrel I think when I ordered it I thought it was the 6.02 rather then 6.2 :/ might be to late but i can always return it

also I probably should have cropped the price out but nvm next time!

thanks for the input guys!

I'd say your upgrades are mostly unnecessary. The motor is a good choice but otherwise a slightly uprated spring and steel bushings is all you need. Tbh if you slapped all that stuff in it your likely to make a mess if this is you 1st proper AEG.

• Supporters

You would have been better off buying a VFC and putting parts in it to be honest.

Mine has a firefly hop rubber and laylax tightbore barrel and i'd just say "eh they are alright", seems pretty much the same as it was before - which is pretty decent. People I've talked to who have stripped out all the parts on their recoil shocks are very non committal over improvements they saw.

• Supporters

tbh I didn't chime in earlier coz I know sweet FA about TM's

think I would of seen how the 416 performed first over the mod 1 or CM18

maybe added a few basic tweaks to CM18

(fet, spring, seals, bucking, maybe neo motor & tbb for CM18 if needed)

so she could be a half decent spare if ya TM 416 ever played up

but at least you got some parts for when one of ya guns plays up

thanks for the help guys,

I spoke to a few people before I did place the order who suggested the different parts, although not all together and the motor was just me

the gear set was swapped out for the Prometheus ones in the end anyway

I do have also got a M100 spring awaiting a pick-up.

I can always return the parts that are not quiet right.

I have arrange already with the organiser of my local site to have he's tech guy fit these parts nothing will be done by me :)

• Supporters

I would say ya TM will pi$$ all over the CM18......

so if ya TM is running ok, then if anything tweak the CM18 a bit to get it a bit better

that way if - god forbid, but if ya TM plays up the CM18 will be a bit better of a fall back spare so to speak

but up to you, n welcome to forum anyway

• Supporters

My last post was a little blunt but on a more practical level I would try and make note of the stock performance before making any changes then you have a reference point. Best thing would be along the lines of checking if you can hit a man sized target reliably at 50-60 metres. I could easily hit the 50 metre target on a marked range at RIFT Com 3 a couple of months back but it was windy so I didn't try and push it past that as the wind was taking over too much. I'm not saying my gun would shoot that much further, just I have quantifiable proof it can shoot 50 metres accurately rather than going by what I think it can do.

I'd definitely recommend using properly ranged targets though as everyone wants to think their gun shoots further after investing money on it. Whether or not that is the case is a different story. The other semi reliable benchmark if that fails is knowing a site and where you can shoot to from a given location, if you can hit past cover you couldn't before you are doing it right :)

• Supporters

yup - totally agree with getting a benchmark or reference point first to make comparisons

range is one thing - tighter groupings is another enhancement that you can build upon

just quickly saying I zero my sights on a large object - metal dustbin at say 20m

then gradually fine tune it on smaller objects further up the garden.....

if I'm lucky I can hear the "ting" on an aerosol can at about 80ft aprox

(that said it is probably only 40ft as an airsoft metre is only 500mm)

the objects and the different sounds makes it easier to judge/hear if I am on target

(usually way way way off but I keep trying)

well i took my hk416 to my first woodland game today but unfortunately didn't even get to use it due to the trigger talk adapter breaking i have left it with the tech guy to fit the lipo conversion,

and on another note my parts arrived and I managed to get my gear set changed for the promethus ones thank you for this advise I done it just in time :)

my m100 spring arrives Monday ^^

10615478_10204948322219335_1659002794487

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.