Looking for a good metal body m4

whit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im looking for a good metal bodied m4 preferable with a rail , he has a budget of around £200 , ive been looking at classic army , dboy and cyma , but m4's are not my thing so ive no idea.

• Supporters

G&G limited editions but GC16 MOD0

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

not the G26 one - as this has cheap flip up sights that is plastic crap and poxy front handguard imho

ooops not full rail/RIS - soz my bad

might get a special offer ICS at firesupport:

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-metal-cxp-08-with-crane-stock-airsoft-gun-aeg

though ICS have a few bespoke parts to them but a very nice gun all the same

(just pointing out a few things on them are different to the "normal" aeg's

I personally ain't fussed too much about has to be metal hence I like CM18

but not metal body

G&G limited editions but GC16 MOD0

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

not the G26 one - as this has cheap flip up sights that is plastic crap and poxy front handguard imho

I'm staying away from g&g mate i would prefer a blank receiver to a giant 30 etched into it .

• Supporters

Shame you not like G&G - admit they are as common as muck

(like suppose a white transit van but they are good workhorses)

you don't say if you got ukara for importing

though TaiwanGun pushed their prices up last month plus add 14 Euro shipping unless order is near 300 Euro

(think it is more like 288:35 Euro for free shipping last time I checked)

& Gunfire now just done the same a couple of days ago too 10 to 15% - wallop all offers just ended 2 days ago ?

(wonder if weak Dollar & strong Euro rates will soon push up prices over here ???)

but if you did like G&G

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152206899-GC16-Raider-L-carbine-replica-No-Marking-black.html

but you don't so soz, but then me I'd import something a bit cheap & rip it apart with some upgrades

but unsure if this would be the type of thing you or m8 would want to do or just something "out of the box"

£200 for a UK metal M4 ris is gonna be a bit of a short list though

• Supporters

I'm hearing good things about Bolt M4 AEG's at the moment if you're looking for some recoil but don't fancy TM

Really? I'm hearing they tend to shake themselves apart...

Know anywhere that sells a&K?

There are a few here:

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/categories/Black-UKARA-Guns/

Many on here will say to avoid retailers with "bbguns" in the name, I have never used them so can't comment, but I know others have used them with no problems. However I do have the A&K LR-300 and its a good rifle for the price (had to fit a new spring to bring it below 350fps though, but no big deal).

edit: Had mine about 4 years now and never had a problem with it in that time. Metal Hop unit is TM rubber compatible as I fitted one along with a Madbull tbb, not that the original was bad but just my preferred set up.

I've got two metal M4s, one is the DBoys M4 SIR (which you can find for about 180 quid), the other is the longer of the two G&G MOD0 30th anniversary models (which you can find for 150 quid, minus battery, so about 170 quid with a decent battery). They are both pretty good. DBoys used to have a bit of a reputation for slightly crappy internals, but they improved things quite a while ago, so whilst that reputation persists with a lot of people, the reality is that many of their weapons are actually pretty good - you just have to know which ones lol - it is certainly true of the SIR which I have, so if you do go with DBoys, make sure it is a newer one. The G&G is good too, perhaps a little better than the DBoys one as a shooter, and certainly better when it comes to how it houses the battery, which is a bit awkward on the DBoys. Yeah the 30th Anniv engraving on the mag well of the G&G might not be to everyone's taste, but it's not that obtrusive and in fact you could fill it in with Milliput easily and spray over it if it bothered you that badly.

There are a few here:

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/categories/Black-UKARA-Guns/

Many on here will say to avoid retailers with "bbguns" in the name, I have never used them so can't comment, but I know others have used them with no problems. However I do have the A&K LR-300 and its a good rifle for the price (had to fit a new spring to bring it below 350fps though, but no big deal).

edit: Had mine about 4 years now and never had a problem with it in that time. Metal Hop unit is TM rubber compatible as I fitted one along with a Madbull tbb, not that the original was bad but just my preferred set up.

Ive dealt with these morons before , avoid them.

• Supporters

Not quite.........

JustBBGuns - total utter w@ankers that lie and lie and lie

Full Metal = Brittle Plastic

Quality = Crap

Fantastic = Utter $hit

(bit like film Airplane & black guys subtitles eg: $hiiiittttttttt = golly)

BBGuns4Less - think they are more shall we say not so well educated rather than that fat bastid liar above

but think they do try & customer support on crap low end stuff is better than that liar JambWow

OnlyBBGuns - maybe best of the three main BB sites - not UKARA but "some" stuff isn't too bad

Think we have all been stung by these guys - well I know I have

(hmmmm might have to think about flogging or dumping some of my low end crap coz running out of room now)

BB gun sites are okay to buy from providing you know what you are looking for, but treat any reviews or product info about stuff you are unfamiliar with on those sites with a big pinch of salt, unless you know from other sources that the product is good. After all, if you know an A&K SVD is what you want for example, and some BB site is selling it cheaper than anywhere else, then why not get them to supply it? They can take a box off a shelf and post it just as well as any other site can. But on the other hand, if they are saying some no name piece of orange plastic cack is the dog's bollox, then you know to avoid it.

I've had quite a lot of stuff from several BB gun sites, and never had crappy service, but I've always been buying things I knew were okay and merely chose them to supply it because it was cheaper on their site than on others, which it often is on particularly the 'onlybbguns' website and the 'bbguns365' website, both of which often post stuff for free as well. But as ever, caveat emptor.

• Supporters

yup forgot about bbguns365 & the A47 bargain - my bad

not tried geniestuff but think they are like onlybbguns - all 2-tone stuff

in "general" though don't take these BB sites word as gospel is what we have learned (the hard way)

if in doubt ask around on here and most likely others may be able to shed some more light on it

(not me though - I only tell lies when my lips / typing fingers are moving)

Soz to OP - kinda getting off topic and bitching about cheap sites....

Still think though @ £200 your list of metal M4's is gonna be a little short in UK

Yup, GenieStuff is all two tone: I got my A&K SVD Dragunov from there, it was 130 quid as I recall, it's generally a bit more on other sites. I just sprayed the furniture black, painting it was the work of minutes, so I was not bothered about that, even though I've got a UKARA reg. Same with my DBoys M4, that was originally a two toner off onlybbguns, but it was about fifty quid cheaper than everywhere else, and in any case it was only the foregrip and stock which were blue. And like Sitting Duck, I got my A47 off bbguns365 for 99 quid, as well as a gas Sig 226 pistol from there for 24 quid, you'd pay at least forty quid more for that A47 anywhere else and at least a fiver more for the Sig. But the real savings are to be had with a UKARA and ordering from European sites.

As far as M4s go, a UKARA will get you a lot more bang for your bucks, so if you don't have one, you might be wise to just use a hire gun for three skirmishes, get a UKARA and then you can order from places such as Bohemia Airsoft, Gunfire Poland, Taiwan Gun, AEG Cart Asia and E Hobby Asia, all of which are craploads cheaper than buying a RIF in the UK, especially the places trading in Euros, since the Euro is on its arse compared to Sterling at the moment, so your money goes even further. Not very patriotic I know, but neither is holding an M4 lol, and you gotta pay the rent and eat, so saving money is no bad thing.

• Supporters

I have my UKARA , im less inclined to buy from uk shops when they all seem so have gun costs $100 so therefore we charge £100 syndrome.

that is actually a good price to be fair - with £ to $ rate of now under 1:50

the shop has all the overheads & the hassle of if gun goes pear-shape

eg: gun = $100 & charge you say £145, they have had to stump up the working capital

and then have the possible chance of it failing and all that

plus agro of consumer claiming refund under distance selling act crap

so really on cheapy stuff the mark up isn't so great really

on higher end stuff - yeah the mark up or profit is better

but then not many regular retailers will stock loads of £400 high end guns that may not sell quickly

I won't mention cheapy G&G's - damn I just did, but probably easy to sell one of them to most peeps

than a genuine TM AEG that might sit there a while

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.