SRC AK47 M...thoughts?

kerby91

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

a buddy of mine has an SRC Ak47 m (the skeleton folding stock version) full metal just lying about and has offered it to a non airsofting friend of mine (who is looking to get in the action) as a "loan" til he gets defence (or a few skirmishes under his belt anyway).

Now ive watched reviews and read peoples thoughts but i figure why the hell not ask you guys what you think?

its the full metal version, doesnt have a mag or battery (ive got a few 110 round mid caps lying about though and he said hed sell for next to nothing.

What are your thoughts on it? Is it worth a purchase?

I know it fires etc having seen it in person, just wondered what you guys thought as i think i can judge you lot better than i can some douche on youtube lol

• Supporters

Once hes got his UKARA....he wants a pack of smokes (grenades that is) so about £30

Have it. If it's shit it's a good place to learn how to upgrade an aeg.

3 of my team mates use SRC ak47's and they love them

One of them had to swap out a spring cause it was hot and that's it, no problems after 4 months of skirmishing with 2 games per month

SRC AK47 AEGs are not bad actually, they do about 330 fps. It is a pretty good model of the real thing, has a metal gearbox, so is not likely to fall to bits, and would be easy to fix even if it did, since it does use fairly standard bits inside it which are easy to source. I know a few people who have them and they are quite accurate, with a decent rate of fire and seem to work reliably enough, since I've seen them show up week in week out at skirmishes, which means they must be at least okay. As far as I'm aware however, they are ABS plastic ones.

I've got a full metal SRC AKS74U with a folding stock (although mine is a gas blowback as opposed to an AEG), so externally mine is probably similar to the one you are talking about in terms of construction and quality of parts, i.e. it's pretty good, made from decent (painted, not blued) metal and with an okay (ish) wooden fore grip. Although being a 74, mine will not be exactly identical in appearance, since the 47 has a different gas return tube to the 74 and a few other minor detail differences. The only thing I think is a bit cack on my SRC AKS74U, is the wooden fore grip, which doesn't look that great in terms of its profile, it is functional, but I'm going to swap mine for something a bit better looking at some point, and to be honest, that's more of a personal thing than an issue, and certainly does not affect how it works.

I think SRC AK47s go for about 150-250 quid when new, depending on whether they are metal or ABS, gas or electric. In other words, if it's newish and in good nick, and less than say.. a ton, then it is probably worth having. A lot less than a ton and you should probably snatch his hand off, since it's a pretty good gun.

Awesome thanks chock and nick.

Looks like my biddy that was "interested" in airsoft is now balking at the price of everything, despite getting the main bit (ie gun) for next to nought.

So it looks like I may purchase it instead...just get it working nice n then buy it a proper wood kit...oooh ideas lol

Yeah he's definitely pulled out now, and with me not being 100% happy with my m4 (hate having the same gun as every other bugger, sure an aks not much better but locally it seems people only want the full length solid stock ones) it seems the perfect gun to buy and work on

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.