Post your *Gaming* PC setup thread

SimonQuigley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'll start.

Case: CiT Vantage Green

CPU: AMD FX6300 Black edition

Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M

PSU: Corsair CX600

GPU: EVGA GTX650 Ti

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance

HD: Western Digital 1TB

Peripherals

Mouse: Razer Naga 2014

Keyboard: Perixx PX-1100 (temporary)

Mouse mat: Razer Sphex

Monitor: Bog standard 19'' HD

The only bits i still need to get are a Razer Deathstalker (Yes, I am a Razer fanboy) and some Corsair fans since I just broke the connection on my side panel ones.

k2oRZr9.jpg

bPM7Vny.jpg

Please dont hate me for zero cable management.

If anyone's curious it can run games like CS:GO at 175-200 frames at medium settings.

Buy some bloody cable ties! :P

I'll edit in some pictures later, cant find any at the moment.

Was planning on doing a new build last year, but due to the complete lack of anything pushing the graphical boundaries on the PC, didn't seem worth it.

Case: Fractal Design R4

CPU: i5 3570k

Motherboard: ASUS Will have to actually double check the model.

PSU: Corsair Modular HX750

GPU: MSI GTX670

HD: Corsair 120GB SSD, 2x 500GB Seagate Barracudas

Mouse: Razer Deathadder

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow

Mouse mat: Razer Goliathus

Monitor: Benq XL2411T (144hz)

Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40

Headphones: AKG K550

Oh I thought you meant plate carrier by the title.

Case - Cooler Master (G Lite?)

CPU - Intel i5 3570k

GPU - HIS IceQX 5870 (IIRC)

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR5

HD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Can't remember a lot of the specs :(

No idea on the PSU

MBoard - Gigabyte (that's all I remember)

Monitor - Samsung

Speakers - Creative

epic £4 pro gaming mouse

beast £4 mat

Used to have Plantronics Gamecom 777s (amazing headset but broke quickly cos it was a refurbished model)

UGH

I really can't be bothered updating my shit and cleaning my desk for photos.

Here is my old pcpartpicker post

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/JJQ7YJ

The only differences are now are that have a nh-c14 cooler on my cpu and it is overclocked to 4.2ghz and I got a blue cold cathode in.

2 Monitors.

ath-m50's through a fiio e10 amp/dac with modmic 3 attatched.

I will update this post in the future when I can be bothered.

Buy some bloody cable ties! :P

I'll edit in some pictures later, cant find any at the moment.

Was planning on doing a new build last year, but due to the complete lack of anything pushing the graphical boundaries on the PC, didn't seem worth it.

Case: Fractal Design R4

CPU: i5 3570k

Motherboard: ASUS Will have to actually double check the model.

PSU: Corsair Modular HX750

GPU: MSI GTX670

HD: Corsair 120GB SSD, 2x 500GB Seagate Barracudas

Mouse: Razer Deathadder

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow

Mouse mat: Razer Goliathus

Monitor: Benq XL2411T (144hz)

Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40

Headphones: AKG K550

Best case of all time.

Fellow fractalbro!

no idea computer specs, it does what I need it to. Run with 2 monitors; 24" secondary with 36" ultra wide curved sexy primary :D

you must have spent a few quid on your set up, bout time you upgraded the monitor! ;-)

Am also a Razer fan boy, got the lefty Death Adder mouse and Death Stalker keyboard

5.1 surround sound on GX Gaming speakers, 7.1 on Sennheiser headset.

My fps in games like DayZ is around 40fps, Heroes and Generals around 100.

Am not much in the know about puter specs. Yours looks pretty neat :-)

no idea computer specs, it does what I need it to. Run with 2 monitors; 24" secondary with 36" ultra wide curved sexy primary :D

you must have spent a few quid on your set up, bout time you upgraded the monitor! ;-)

Am also a Razer fan boy, got the lefty Death Adder mouse and Death Stalker keyboard

36'' Curved? Im awfully jealous :P I would have a nicer monitor but after all the parts were bought, i had next to no money left so i just stole it from my old desktop :lol:

I watch tv and netflix etc from my desk so a decent monitor is more important than the PC itself :-) buying it cleared my overdraft out tho lol :D

Razer are the biggest con going, they overprice and their products are crap. I work in the computer industry and I have seen it first hand ha.

Yeah my monitors are only 60hz, I need to upgrade however I have a tattoo to pay for first.

I can play any game I desire at the highest settings hehehehehe.

Razer are the biggest con going, they overprice and their products are crap. I work in the computer industry and I have seen it first hand ha.

Yeah my monitors are only 60hz, I need to upgrade however I have a tattoo to pay for first.

as I said, don't know much about PCs, the Razer bits I have seem ok though :-)

ahh tattoos, now we talking, got this going on at the mo, probs another 40hrs to go on it before it'll be finished:

10850213_10152471684586820_2593314697114

10502527_10152566748941820_3866943423482

I'd agree that they are mostly overpriced, but then so are all gaming peripherals. Having said that the Blackwidow used to be one of the cheapest mechanical keyboards on the market.

But they are (generally) not crap, there's a reason why the majority of pro's use Deathadders.

If you want something which really is crap, gaming headsets.

as I said, don't know much about PCs, the Razer bits I have seem ok though :-)

ahh tattoos, now we talking, got this going on at the mo, probs another 40hrs to go on it before it'll be finished:

10850213_10152471684586820_2593314697114

10502527_10152566748941820_3866943423482

I got a mardi gras girl smoking on my right bicep.

This on my right arm just under my wrist;

902ed12cce255fb7d810f2c86f3a5e9b.jpg

Next one I am going for is a female stormtrooper surrounded by roses in the traditional syle of tattoo with red shading and thick black outlines. Completely custom and being drawn and done professionally by an award winning parlour.

I'd agree that they are mostly overpriced, but then so are all gaming peripherals. Having said that the Blackwidow used to be one of the cheapest mechanical keyboards on the market.

But they are (generally) not crap, there's a reason why the majority of pro's use Deathadders.

If you want something which really is crap, gaming headsets.

Hence why I have ath-m50's through a fii0 e10 with a modmic 3 on

Case: Antec 900

CPU: I5 3570k OC'd 4.5ghz

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V-LX

PSU: Corsair GS800

GPU: MSI GTX 670

HD: Western Digital 1TB

• Supporters

Case: dunno

CPU: said it was a Q4400 ... now says its a Q6600

Motherboard: XFX (dunno on what it actually is)

PSU: Corsair (modular 750W)

GPU: (originally dual 8800GT's) now Geforce GTX 550 TI

RAM: 8GB

HD: 3 off

Peripherals

Mouse: madkatz RAT3

Keyboard: logitech G15

Mouse mat: Yes (i actually have an ice mat somewhere)

Monitor: Yes (dunno what the hell it is lol)

• Supporters

. I work in the computer industry and I have seen it first hand ha.

PC World doesn't count.

I refuse to work there.

http://www.cclonline.com/ ;)

And you were saying about stuff being overpriced eh? :P

Adam3088: The only reason most Pro's use certain peripherals is because their sponsors will require them to use the products given to them by said sponsors, doesn't mean they're any good.

In the case of razer, they are just too far behind the curve now, their products are just rehashed crap with whatever year it is at time of launch tacked onto the box, that they've been releasing for the past decade.

As for keyboards - the best mechanical keyboards still are and probably always will be the IBM Model M's - Modern mech's are cheap and tacky in comparison, amusing as an M can be had for a whopping £25 (I got mine for free, out of a recycling skip, courtesy of my dad over a decade ago) if you know where to look, when the supposedly cheap razer one is almost 4 times that.

Adam3088: The only reason most Pro's use certain peripherals is because their sponsors will require them to use the products given to them by said sponsors, doesn't mean they're any good.

In the case of razer, they are just too far behind the curve now, their products are just rehashed crap with whatever year it is at time of launch tacked onto the box, that they've been releasing for the past decade.

As for keyboards - the best mechanical keyboards still are and probably always will be the IBM Model M's - Modern mech's are cheap and tacky in comparison, amusing as an M can be had for a whopping £25 (I got mine for free, out of a recycling skip, courtesy of my dad over a decade ago) if you know where to look, when the supposedly cheap razer one is almost 4 times that.

IBM Model M are actually buckling spring.

You are one lucky git. I really want one but cant find a cheap one wahhh.

Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 anyone? They were and still are one of the most popular, no sponsoring there.

The reason most of them use Deathadders isn't so much down to sponsorship, it's because razer ripped off the ergonomics of the IE3.0 and stuck a higher dpi sensor in there (not that they'd be using a higher dpi).

Cheapest model M on ebay is more like £40, and you'll end up with horrible yellowed sh*t from the 80's. But it will have good switches, not sure if the compromise is worth it.

Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 anyone? They were and still are one of the most popular, no sponsoring there.

The reason most of them use Deathadders isn't so much down to sponsorship, it's because razer ripped off the ergonomics of the IE3.0 and stuck a higher dpi sensor in there (not that they'd be using a higher dpi).

Cheapest model M on ebay is more like £40, and you'll end up with horrible yellowed sh*t from the 80's. But it will have good switches, not sure if the compromise is worth it.

Intellimouse and g400 are the best mouses ever made.

Case: Xigmatic Midgaurd 2

CPU: AMD FX6300 Black edition

Motherboard: Asrock Extreme 4 970x

PSU: Antec 620w Bronze

GPU: MSI 7970 twin frozer 3 boost edition

RAM: 8GB Kingston Hyperx (Picked it up a few days before the prices rocketed on Kingston RAM curtsey of Tsunami + exploding reactors)

SSD: Sandisk 120GB

HD: Western Digital 1TB Black Edition

CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 closed loop cooler

Peripherals:

1 x IIyama 60hz 24inch panel

1 x ASUS 21inch panel

Keyboard: Gigabyte Avia (Do not buy - most broken drivers I have ever seen :( )

Mouse: Gigabyte M6900 (Very good quallity for not a lot of money. Still going strong nearly 3 years later. )

Mousepad: The stick-down Razer Sphex mouse mat.

Plenty of piles of models and other crap which creates a very messing looking desk so I will pass on taking pictures ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.