The Noveske Diplomat Build

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So during the Christmas holidays, apart from watching anime 24/7/365, I got money and my parents were like, "Do whach ya want kiddo, I no care aboot yer goons anymoor."

So I be leik, "fuk dat sheet, Imma go on a spending spree leik."

I wondered what I wanted; another AK? MP5? G36? Nah, M4, more specifically a Noveske since they are dear to me in gaming; they never let me down.

So this is the noveske I'm trying to create:

Noveske_75_Diplomat_zpsb8b2ac06.jpg

Now, I won't get it exact, ever, but I'm doing my best to make it as accurate as possible.

So I ordered a bunch of parts and logged the details of it all. Grab some popcorn. Prepare your anus.

10/1/15 UPDATE:

So today, A glorious morning trip to Landwarrior airsoft shop; a lovely and exciting 1.5 hour bus journey where I just watched kinky anime with my friend on the bus, heh.

Unfortunately, it was a Sunday, which we forgot. "f*ck", as our jaws dropped and slowly turned away. Fun journey home....

Next time we went was a Thursday, so far so good as we managed to keep track of the day... As we arrived, we saw the amazing gun wall but annoyingly, posters and banners of the ASG Skorpion EVO everywhere. There was an MG42 and I think a Kar 98 in a glass case which was nice to see.

Went up, asked the chap, bought the ASG Ultimate gearbox and ASG Ultimate motor (sore wallet) and left, eager to get home and test it out.

SooO0oOooO0 SHINY AND SMOOTH

DSC01547-Copy_zps858cecbd.jpg

Upon entering the house, I found a small cute package... da clone MOE grip. Unfortunately, since it was a clone, there was as sh*t tonne of flaky plastic bits coming off the seams, EVERYWHERE. It was pretty annoying, so I got my rough sand paper out and sanded the thing down till I saw no trace of flaky bits. It also gave off a horrible, cheap plastic smell. Fortunately, it was decent enough to withstand crushing it (yes, I abuse things).

DSC01549-Copy_zpseb6f0360.jpg

With the sanding, it looks battle worn, which isn't really a bad thing but I preferred it smooth and shiny.

And this is the motor:

DSC01551-Copy_zps00da9d1c.jpg

And assembling it so far gave this:

DSC01552-Copy_zps7d552e44.jpg

As soon as I assembled it, I cracked out my 9.6v NiMH battery to check the stock fire rate.

http://vid1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/ak47frizzle/MOV01544_zpsi7zjjuha.mp4

It wasn't "OMFG CRAZY sh*t THERE MATE" kind of fire rate, it felt... average to me. So that is roughly 18-20 rps which is OK but i'm aiming for 30 or between 27-30 rps. Sometime soon I will need a mosfet and an 11.1V lipo.

12/01/15 UPDATE:

So found time to crack open the gearbox today... "AWW NO, WHY U VOID THE WARRANTY????"

Warranty my ass, I don't give a crap about that stuff, if it breaks, I fix it. If I can't, i buy new parts, simples. Remember kids, duct tape and WD40 are all you need in life; if it moves when it shouldn't, duct tape. If it doesn't move when it should, WD40.

DSC01556_zpsc02b2cee.jpg

So far, all looks great; everything is really robust and smooth apart from one problem: the grease is horrific.

DSC01557_zpse84e752c.jpg

It is extremely sticky and there isn't much of it either (heh), as you can see. Not what I want for a fast fire rate.

Also found out that there are 16:1 gears in it:

DSC01558_zpse47e2354.jpg

Also, the piston has literally no air seal at all. Although this seems bad at first, maybe it isn't because I have no idea what the fps is and the shoddy air seal can keep it down, temporarily.

So after cleaning it out and using less viscous grease, the trigger response and fire rate became much better:

http://vid1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/ak47frizzle/MOV01559_zpsvt1zhciu.mp4

So currently it is just shy of 22 rps, big improvement from just cleaning it out.

16/01/15 UPDATE:

So today, I received my Noveske 7.25 inch handguard and barrel :D The quality is superb; nice and cold and makes a lovely clink sound when the metal collides with objects.

DSC01561_zps486d58ec.jpg

DSC01560_zpseba58097.jpg

The noveske trades at the top which is lovely. The rails are much sharper than I thought though, rather prickly when I hold it bare handed.

And here is the 7.5 inch barrel:

DSC01570_zps217b04fd.jpg

DSC01571_zps5a6a182c.jpg

The noveske trades are embedded at the front as well as the logo on the gas block. They both have a rather "gritty" feel to them; when you run your nails down it, you get a rather horrific, goose bump enticing, uncontrollable shiver down your entire body, just like those nasty teachers scratching their nails on chalk boards as torture.

03/02/15 UPDATE:

So a big package came today; the Noveske MUR receiver! Although the box weighed much less than I initially thought. I opened up the box carefully, chucked aside the manual, spare parts and bolts in the way to reveal the lovely, metal MUR body. "Fuk yis".

I was so excited that I immediately shoved the gearbox into it (although it took a while figuring out what the pins on the body were for...) and resulted in this:

DSC01578_zps80849027.jpg

However, whilst assembling it, I accidentally hit the hammer on the receiver a few times... which left a few dents and any scratch mark removed the paint instantly... so unlike the Ultimate Gearbox, not as well built as I initially thought.

Lovely embedded Noveske trades on the body.

DSC01580_zpsd1efd460.jpg

And on the reverse side, a logo on the... thingy... not familiar with M4 parts yet.

DSC01581_zpsf9097e90.jpg

I found out that the Ultimate gearbox is fatter than a standard V2, I noticed this because the receiver came with a dust cover and I could not put the metal bit inside the body because the gearbox was so fat that it took up the entire space for the thin dust cover inside. I'm gonna have troubles with the charging handle... Anyway, you can see the gearbox through the ejection port, so pretty much i'm gonna be able to see the gearbox and hop up 24/7 which isn't a bad thing, but I don't get the authenticity of the dust cover.

And the receiver split apart to reveal the gearbox:

DSC01583_zpsd89e7113.jpg

The receiver also has the horrible gritty texture to it which is fine for the time being. As for the trigger guard... well, I didn't have a hex screw driver to fit the screw, so I wrapped a tooth pick in duct tape and shoved it into the hole (keh) and now the trigger guard won't budge. Done and dusted.

Unfortunately, I came across a devastating problem; the Noveske handguard barrel nut will NOT fit the upper receiver thread. I mean come on, really? This really rustled my jimmies. I took it to my school's tech center to try and rethread it but unfortunately, the threads are at least 4 times bigger than what they can rethread.... urgh.

My teacher talked me through it: "Hmm yep, you see here? The first thread here in the nut is way off from the rest. The back part is fine but the first one is just entirely off, it's hopeless. I suspect that the receiver has a metric thread and this nut here has an imperial thread. Unfortunately, those two are incompatible, I mean, why are the americans such ridiculous people?"

Haha yeh, bad luck for me. I contacted Firesupport and they said they can do something about it if I send it to them, £5 labour charge and £6.50 postage, yeh why not? So sometime later I will find time to send it off to them to hopefully get it sorted.

Luckily though, my tech centre is willing to let me use the tools so that I can sort out my custom magwell for the Noveske lower receiver to try and replicate the flared magwell on the real steel gen 2 and 3. Gonna sort that out tomorrow. All that there is left for now is waiting for the rest of my package: Ultimate hop up, Steel Bull barrel and flame pig silencer.

Second part of the log is continued here: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/25049-the-noveske-diplomat-build/page-3

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn loving that Noveske receiver :) Where'd you get it from again? Want one myself one day, I also like PWS but don't like the PWS Madbull receivers.

Will be this if I make a FDE build I think: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/madbull-m4-metal-body-ver-2-w-self-retaining-pins-viking-tactical-fde.html#.VKE7TF4gA

The "thingy" is the forward assist by the way, and the shell deflector is at the front (they are like one piece on the VLTOR uppers)

Damn loving that Noveske receiver :) Where'd you get it from again? Want one myself one day, I also like PWS but don't like the PWS Madbull receivers.

Will be this if I make a FDE build I think: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/madbull-m4-metal-body-ver-2-w-self-retaining-pins-viking-tactical-fde.html#.VKE7TF4gA

The "thingy" is the forward assist by the way, and the shell deflector is at the front (they are like one piece on the VLTOR uppers)

I bought it here http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-fire-pig-type-metal-body-mur

I got the last one though (muhahaha!). I don't like how the upper receiver is round with a block at the front on a standard m4, which is why I chose the MUR because of it's more, angular and straight line look to it.

Constructing an RIF..?

I explained many times, ask Ian.

Nah i cant be assed to ask liam, ive asked before and you said that..... i would love to hear you explain, as you are under 18 and have no defence, how you can construct, own, transport and skirmish an RIF. I know ukara is for retailers and shit but im pretty sure airsofters still require a valid defence to own/transport and us and RIF at most sites...... And they definitely need one to construct one....

• Supporters

No crime in owning a RIF, manufacturing one is absolutely illegal though. Being an active member of an airsoft forum does not entitle you to a skirmisher's defence.

Be careful, with a criminal record even mcdonalds will think twice about employing you.

Surely even pics of Frizzle skirmishing would be a valid defence?

Not necessarily an ironclad one. Any of the offences for which you can be charged (in Section 36 of the VCR), such as manufacturing a RIF, importing one or whatever, are subject to the defences listed in Section 37 of the VCR, and whilst that does indeed mean that you can use them as a defence against prosecution if you're looking at a Section 36 charge being brought against you, Section 37 goes on to state that those defences are only valid if it has been 'proved beyond reasonable doubt' that the defence is legitimate.

Since it is possible for images to be tampered with or faked, there could potentially be reasonable doubt as to the absolute authenticity of any such images, so you'd need to also provide a statement from the photographer, and one from the premises where the photos were taken as well, so that there are independent witnesses confirming the images are genuine and not a retouched image. Not only that, but like one swallow does not make a spring, one or two pics of you apparently at a skirmish does not mean for certain that you are a regular airsofter, the sign in log at a skirmish site would however be reasonable proof, if it had you down many times. I know this to be the case, because it is me who trains the CSI unit of Greater Manchester Police on programs such Photoshop (since I am an ACI). We had a big long discussion about that when I was creating a training programme for them, since I needed to know what they wanted to learn. Get me a half decent picture of you, and I'll put you at any location you like, with you holding a gun!

If you are curious as to why the CSI Rozzers need to know how to use Photoshop, it's for a couple of reasons: One being so that they know all about how easy or hard it is to fake stuff, and how to exam images to see if they have been tampered with (people have attempted to fake images of themselves at locations on specific occasions to use as alibis in quite a few cases). And two, because they use it and a few other bits of more software (such as Poser etc), to reconstruct images of the faces of people who have been disfigured in criminal acts, so that they can have 'before' pics of victims, which are used so that the images they flash to the general public in investigations do not traumatise people, and occasionally so it does not upset family members etc when pics of victims are shown to the jury or witnesses in court. And no, none of them look like David Caruso. :lol:

Not necessarily an ironclad one. Any of the offences for which you can be charged (in Section 36 of the VCR), such as manufacturing a RIF, importing one or whatever, are subject to the defences listed in Section 37 of the VCR, and whilst that does indeed mean that you can use them as a defence against prosecution if you're looking at a Section 36 charge being brought against you, Section 37 goes on to state that those defences are only valid if it has been 'proved beyond reasonable doubt' that the defence is legitimate.

Since it is possible for images to be tampered with or faked, there could potentially be reasonable doubt as to the absolute authenticity of any such images, so you'd need to also provide a statement from the photographer, and one from the premises where the photos were taken as well, so that there are independent witnesses confirming the images are genuine and not a retouched image. I know this to be the case, because it is me who trains the CSI unit of Greater Manchester Police on programs such Photoshop (since I am an ACI). We had a big long discussion about that when I was creating a training programme for them, since I needed to know what they wanted to learn. Get me a half decent picture of you, and I'll put you at any location you like, with you holding a gun!

If you are curious as to why the CSI Rozzers need to know how to use Photoshop, it's for a couple of reasons: One being so that they know all about how easy or hard it is to fake stuff. And two, because they use it and a few other bits of more software (such as Poser etc), to reconstruct images of the faces of people who have been disfigured in criminal acts, so that they can have 'before' pics of victims, which are used so that the images they flash to the general public in investigations do not traumatise people, and occasionally so it does not upset family members etc when pics of victims are shown to the jury or witnesses in court.

Well, I've learnt something today! Thanks for the explanation :P

Surely even pics of Frizzle skirmishing would be a valid defence?

As previously noted, pics prove little. Here is a picture of my girlfriend Sue, which I took when we went back in time and went to the moon in 1969, it was quite cold there, so she is putting her jacket on, that is what caused the draft which made the flag waft in the way that all the people who think the moon landings were faked always bang on about:

Sue%20on%20the%20moon_zpsprjtmj4f.jpg

Just placed an order for the Noveske barrel nut specifically for G&P, £20 including postage, hopefully this'll do the trick.

Also asked a friend to photoshop a noveske in purple to help me visualise what it would look it before I dive right in to spraying.

i'd suggest you paint it with acrylic or similar that can be easily removed by soaking in meth or similar to destroy the paint bond. Will make the paint job lower quality, might end up getting bit tatty with use but will make it easier to return to a RIF when you have a valid defence.

Guess depends on how long you have to wait until you'll have a defence as to whether my suggestion is worth considering

If you've already explained 'many times' why you can manufacture an RIF without a defence then why do you need to two tone it? :ph34r:

Cuz explaining a million times to everyone over and over is a bitch. The power of purple will solve the problem.

Archived