What should I name my shop

Jambo88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

19 members have voted

1. 1. What should I call my shop

• The Hairy taj
    • The lock smith
    • The Cutting Room
    • The Barber Shop
    • Other

Bit of a weird one here :D

I've got a meeting set up for Monday about opening my own barber shop, I'm stuck on a name so just wanted to see what people thought was best or had any suggestions.

Thanks

I said Edward scissorhands to my gf but she thinks it's stupid. Sweeney Todd's isn't really a stand out it's up there with top class and first class in how popular the name is. I'm not keen on having my name on the shop but I put the lock smith on as it's my surname and hair gets called locks.

Are you going to be relying on passing trade, or other means to get business? If you think people might look online or search a directory, something beginning with a letter earlier in the alphabet helps since it puts you higher up the list of places, so things like 'a cut above' etc score some points in the regard. But you probably want to avoid all those 'curl up and dye' type cliches I should imagine.

You could always use someone else's name, like for example just call it 'Dave's' or something like that, which is nice and easy to remember. Or go for something a bit less obvious but memorable, like 'the cat's whiskers' or 'look sharp' or whatever, which are memorable and have a bit of a reference to tonsorial goings on.

Are you going to be relying on passing trade, or other means to get business? If you think people might look online or search a directory, something beginning with a letter earlier in the alphabet helps since it puts you higher up the list of places, so things like 'a cut above' etc score some points in the regard. But you probably want to avoid all those 'curl up and dye' type cliches I should imagine.

You could always use someone else's name, like for example just call it 'Dave's' or something like that, which is nice and easy to remember. Or go for something a bit less obvious but memorable, like 'the cat's whiskers' or 'look sharp' or whatever, which are memorable and have a bit of a reference to tonsorial goings on.

I will rely mostly on passing trade but because I'm going to offer more than most barber shops online searches will generate alot of business aswell I hope. I'm going to offer the ultimate male grooming experience. Spray tan, waxing, microdermabrasion, manicure,pedicure,massage etc.. What I found on google there is only 2 other shops that offer some of those services near me but they are in edinburgh. I have a fine line between appealing to everyone and appealing to a certain type of person and loosing customers so the name is very important. I'm trying to go for the high end services that appeal to everyone at a good price. It's starting to fry my brain this :(

If it's male-grooming, spray tans and the like perhaps cash in on the TV fad with "The Only Way is Jambo" or "The Essex Embassy"

• 4 months later...

What's the name of your town/city/village/settlement/enclave?

As others have said, the name of your business might be useful when people google for the service they need. But even if you don't get your own website to help optimise search results, if you call it Fallujah barbers by Jambo - for example, when people google for a barbers in Fallujah, things like yellowpages will help keep your business at the top of the results.

How you make this work with all that other stuff you'll do, pass...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.