Noob ICS upper and lower question

notaclue

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay so teeth shot on upper piston. (ICS M4)

Happy to assemble new upper gearbox etc.

My noob question is what position do / does the lower gearbox teeth need to be in when reassembling?

I know these can rotate / function while the gun is in two parts (so to speak) and I don't want to put the upper and lower back together with lower gearbox in wrong place / rotation. Any ideas or suggestions or doesn't it matter?

Please note the world of internals are new to me - have managed a hope change and assembly then the upper gearbox - just want to get it returned in right position!

Thanks

(ps any pics of the correct position would be a massive help!)

• Supporters

I "think" it has to park in semi - no gears showing on sector gear when reassembling 2 parts

BUT best google it coz my manual/gun is packed away and can't be ar$ed to dig it out

(the manual & dvd & god knows what else)

http://www.icsbb.com/web_e/html/05_multimedia/download.aspx

best see if you can grab manual for ya model - better safe than sorry

according to the pdf of my M4A1 - no gears showing on sector gear as I thought

No teeth pointing up :) Just put it in semi and pull the trigger until they spin into that position. If the teeth are pointing up, you can't close the receiver unless you force it - so if it doesn't close easily check where the teeth are.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.