Tracer Units

SeniorSpaz87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hello all,

I play mainly at The Mall in Reading, and at a recent game many people had tracer units. It made for sime really fun and intense firefights in the basements and darker areas. I have been looking at getting one of these units, but am unsure what I would need to get... The gun I would install it on would be an ACM P90. I do not know if i need a threaded barrel replacement, nor what brands are good. Any and all information is welcome.

*Note

It does look like the flash hider has some sort of internal thread, but I am not sure if it is to attach it to the gun, or for a silencer/tracer unit.

*Update

Managed to get the upper receiver open; new pic shows the flash hider removed. The flash hider twists counter-clockwise.

unscrew flash gider, screw on tracer unit, simples.... sort of.... you will want either a CW thread or CCW thread. See what way you have to turn the flash hider to remove it to find out :-) Most AEGs have a 14mm flash hider

• Supporters

yeah, the TM or B&T tracers will just screw straight on to that.

unscrew flash gider, screw on tracer unit, simples.... sort of.... you will want either a CW thread or CCW thread. See what way you have to turn the flash hider to remove it to find out :-) Most AEGs have a 14mm flash hider

Will this one work? Dont really want to dish out for a TM model, as thats more than half of what I paid for the gun itself... However, if yall think the TM one is so much better, then I will get a TM one.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/asg-bandt-tracer-unit.htm#.VNDMjdu6BxC

• Supporters

Will this one work? Dont really want to dish out for a TM model, as thats more than half of what I paid for the gun itself... However, if yall think the TM one is so much better, then I will get a TM one.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/asg-bandt-tracer-unit.htm#.VNDMjdu6BxC

I have one of those, works very well.

i bought a TM one for £70 cos im a tart, also because playing at the mall i couldn't seem to see where the bb's were going very well even in the lit areas. in such chaos its nice to know what you've actually hit.

my justification was that alot the the cheaper ones don't contain the flash very well (giving a strobe effect at the end of your gun when viewed head-on, which some may consider a bonus blinding distraction, but will help tell exactly where its coming from if the tracer effect isn't enough)

and i believed lots of reviews slating them for missing shots, not keeping up with high ROF.

and it was going on a tm anyways and brand match satisfied my sense of ocd.

The TM one is most excellent, more compact that alot of them, hasn't missed a beat and doesn't add disco to the end of my gun, just the fireworks stream intended.

But i have to count it an indulgence, the asg ones work perfectly well for purpose.

I have an ASG, its brilliant, 100 times better than a cheaper unbranded one from ebay for 25 quid... You cant go wrong really with that one.

• Supporters

Hello guys,

I went ahead and got the B&T one from Amazon, as well as a few thousand rounds. So I felt like I'd give an honest review of it for anyone facing the same questions I first had.

To me, the silencer looks great, has some weight behind it, and has a metal covering, which is nice. However, one this casing is removed, the internals are covered with a cheap, flimsy plastic. Going beyond that, the circuitry looks good and all connections are solid. The silencer/tracer works reasonably well, and on full auto on my ACM P90 with a 9.6v battery kept pace with the shots, but did occasionally miss one. Mine stopped working after only about 10 shots, but it was because of a loose screw in the internals of the thing, and took less than 2 minutes to fix. Still works good. To the guy talking about the flash; it's not really too visible, and plus, even in dark coridors people are gonna know where the tracer rounds are coming from anyway...

• Supporters

Hello guys,

I went ahead and got the B&T one from Amazon, as well as a few thousand rounds. So I felt like I'd give an honest review of it for anyone facing the same questions I first had.

To me, the silencer looks great, has some weight behind it, and has a metal covering, which is nice. However, one this casing is removed, the internals are covered with a cheap, flimsy plastic. Going beyond that, the circuitry looks good and all connections are solid. The silencer/tracer works reasonably well, and on full auto on my ACM P90 with a 9.6v battery kept pace with the shots, but did occasionally miss one. Mine stopped working after only about 10 shots, but it was because of a loose screw in the internals of the thing, and took less than 2 minutes to fix. Still works good. To the guy talking about the flash; it's not really too visible, and plus, even in dark coridors people are gonna know where the tracer rounds are coming from anyway...

If you're in a dark corridor the B&T gives itself away with a red glow internally anyway (turn it on and look down it, you'll see what I mean. Thing is - if anyone can see that chances are they're about to get shot anyway so it doesn't really matter!

If you're in a dark corridor the B&T gives itself away with a red glow internally anyway (turn it on and look down it, you'll see what I mean. Thing is - if anyone can see that chances are they're about to get shot anyway so it doesn't really matter!

If they can see the red glow you're about to get knife killed!!!

Nothing really amazing - special glow in the dark BBs. Like those glow in the dark stars you can buy for kiddies ceilings :)

The tracer unit has a bright bulb that strobes and charges the BB - makes it glow by shining bright light on it! Or you can get magazines with the lights built in, that charge the BBs before they get fired.

• 2 weeks later...

Tracers are even cooler in Epsom tunnels, as the bbs smash on the brick walls its like a firework show with bits of bb exploding everywhere

• Supporters

Tracers are even cooler in Epsom tunnels, as the bbs smash on the brick walls its like a firework show with bits of bb exploding everywhere

In some of the basement areas of The Mall as well, pitch dark or red/UV glow makes it awesome

• Supporters

yeah but in tunnels is all brick, so they shatter into ickle fireworks :wub:

Malls basement corridors is all bare breezeblock. You get much the same result ;)

i tend to stick to the shops in The Mall, the basement areas tend to be guarded pretty well when I play and the stair always creates too many bottle necks.

Stealthy ninja hiding in cupboards or behind desks is me :ph34r:

Sounds like my favourite snack hehe, I usually ninja my way through the basement (as most don't realise some of the rooms interconnect corridors (bypass standoff/choke-points) and end up shooting the shop dwellers in the back after coming in the same entrance as them. Do often end up getting shot by a stealthy cupboard/corner dweller after dispatching at least a couple of their team mates though :)

Only 'wrong' tactic at The Mall i'd say is being one those plonkers who empties hi-caps at each other across the concourse (not seeming to appreciate you literally have time to step out of the way at that distance)

• Supporters

i tend to stick to the shops in The Mall, the basement areas tend to be guarded pretty well when I play and the stair always creates too many bottle necks.

Stealthy ninja hiding in cupboards or behind desks is me :ph34r:

Here's a question - last year (probably around Sept/Oct) were you on the balcony with a guy using an MP5 who was very...shall we say "cosy" with you and then another weirdo came up and started making inappropriate suggestions as to what was going on? You were in all black with a TM MP5K IIRC....

• Supporters

I tend to avoid the main area... Unless im moving around the back to get from one side of shops to the other... Tend to ignore the guys spamming high caps... Hey Kurtz, shame we couldn't get you into the objective room, needed a few more seconds :)

Archived