BB Weight for CQB shotgun game.

Bigpat

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

Im pretted new to airsoft just got my defence thought. I'm playing a CQB stotgun gun game at the weekend and I'm getting a EE M58A pump action for it. Just wanted to now what weight BBs you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Pat

With my shotgun I get tighter groupings with .25gram BBs - but this is only really noticeable at woodland sites where I'm engaging at longer ranges.

Like Esoterick said, in CQB you won't notice much difference. Just don't use .12gram BBs.

Hi all

Im pretted new to airsoft just got my defence thought. I'm playing a CQB stotgun gun game at the weekend and I'm getting a EE M58A pump action for it. Just wanted to now what weight BBs you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Is that shotgun from taiwangun?

You can't really muck up such a simple design. It'll shoot, but the quality of it's construction may mean it won't last you long.

I've looked at that but the price makes me worry about the quality.

Difficult to judge it off price alone on Taiwan Gun, I mean sure, that shotgun works out at 20 quid (less postage), but that place is good on pricing, so you could probably call it at least 40 quid in the UK. After all, you can get an AEG Thompson from Taiwain Gun for 65 quid, and they'll set you back 130 quid from a UK site.

I've had a few items from them and the quality was better than expected... considering the price

Difficult to judge it off price alone on Taiwan Gun, I mean sure, that shotgun works out at 20 quid (less postage), but that place is good on pricing, so you could probably call it at least 40 quid in the UK. After all, you can get an AEG Thompson from Taiwain Gun for 65 quid, and they'll set you back 130 quid from a UK site.

I knew it would be slightly cheaper but still at that price you would expect a market stall BB gun :D is it the same company that makes the thompsons?

I knew it would be slightly cheaper but still at that price you would expect a market stall BB gun :D is it the same company that makes the thompsons?

Nah, that's the CYMA Thompson, although ironically enough, internally a lot of springer shotguns are just a knock off of the old CYMA P799 Benelli M3 Super 90 lookalike.

Mechanically there's really not a lot to a basic springer 'cock and fire' BB shotgun, after all, it only requires a mechanism to push and lock a spring back and one to release it, most of the rest of it is simple gravity feeding, it's not as if the more expensive ones would have some other kind of magical system inside them. So unless we are talking about expensive gas ones or ones that use a shell system which understandably are going to cost more, the only difference you're gonna find between various basic spring ones is perhaps some with metal bits in the workings and some with plastic. My old CYMA P799 is probably twenty years old, and it still works as well as the day I bought it. I've got one of those cheap ass Mossberg 500s too, and I would happily skirmish with either of them if shotguns were my thing, but as it stands, I just keep em in my car as back ups for if I'm at a skirmish and someone's gun goes tits up and they want to borrow something.

Yeah - friend of mine mixes .2g, .25g and .3g in a bottle and then loads each shell with the mix. He claims it makes the spread more realistic (in other words, random).

I personally prefer to know where I'm pointing it is where the BBs will go haha

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.