Pistol fps, does it matter?

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

to be honest i have had a pain with my well R4 (mp7), my trigger packed in, its a nightmare to replace it, and now the hop dosn't seem to be working correctly

I know you don't like the MP5 but my money would be on the Galaxy G5, still got mine from 6 years ago and going strong. Uses a V3 gearbox so plenty of opportunity for upgrades etc if you wanted to get it past 320 which is easily done. Think mine was close to 380fps out of the box! 88 Euro's all in, pretty nice price

Only gripe I have with the MP5 is that it's unbalanced for one handed use, because the mag is in front of the pistol grip and the front is long it has all the weight forward (I had an MP5 before and tried using it one handed).

With something like the MP7 or even an Uzi if I could find one I liked, that problem doesn't exist. All the weight is right above the grip.

Okay, so after looking I might actually like the galaxy MP5 with no stock...but I just can't stand it in blue or "red". Anyone know where I could maybe get one in realistic colours?

Oh, and anything made by well will be manufactured from soft cheese and good intentions.

LMAO. In fairness to Well, they do actually make one or two okay guns, but yes, it is a good general rule to avoid them, which is I suppose fairly ironic given the brand name, since that is the last thing most of them will make you feel about where your money has gone.

Okay, so after looking I might actually like the galaxy MP5 with no stock...but I just can't stand it in blue or "red". Anyone know where I could maybe get one in realistic colours?

Just get the two tone and a can of matt black spray paint and Bob's Yer Uncle. A tin of flat black primer spray from a pound shop will do the job no problem.

Actually, I've always wanted to use my airbrush on something like this...I could easily do some kind of outlandish camo on it...

As far as being nose-heavy is concerned, the Galaxy G5 only weighs 1,800 grams, the battery and the gearbox weight being well back inside it, since the battery runs the full length of it. It is certainly a lot better balanced than my GBB MP5K as well as being under half the weight of that thing, which is indeed nose heavy if you hold it one handed with a 50 round mag in it. However, you don't worry about that when you are dual wielding it with a gas blowback pistol in the other hand, because you are too busy laughing and trying to look 'gangsta'.

Incidentally, my GBB MP5K was a blue two tone when I bought it; can of black spray paint later:

sprayed%20G55_zpsehr9ievf.jpg

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/952/title/galaxy-mp5k-pdw/cat/16

More than a little put off :/

Maybe I will just go for a gas or electric pistol, I suppose they can produce a better weapon for less if there's less weapon to produce.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=267_314&products_id=3533

I think I've found the one...as long as I can find more 26+ round mags for it, I've got a feeling the smaller mags would make the pistol too small to hold, I suppose I wont know unless I bought one.

I'm guessing I can't buy the pistol from that site as they're not UK based, it's slightly cheaper on there.

£20 per mag isn't bad from the other site though, but I would have to wait until I got the gun to buy mags, I'd want to see if the smaller mag is comfortable.

You'd need a UKARA Registration number on the box if you were ordering the pistol from abroad, since customs would grab it if not and probably destroy it. The mags can be bought without one though, although to be honest, I usually ask them to put the UKARA number on orders from abroad anyway, even if it is just a mag, since there's no harm in doing that. I've had GBB mags from aegcartasia in the past (MP5 ones), so there was no hassle in them being a gas container being transported, even though that shouldn't really matter much since there is no gas in the things when they get posted, although I should point out that may possibly have been more luck than judgement, since they did get delivered by Royal Mail; and if memory serves they are not happy about carrying that kind of thing.

Only problem I can find with that gun now is that if the small mags make the gun too small for my hand I can't find the magazine adapters for the larger mags anywhere, not even on their own site.

The XDM Compact is almost the same size as a Glock 17. It is only about 10mm shorter in length and height when the Compact's small mag is in, and it is actually only about 10mm taller than a Glock 17 with its larger magazine anyway.

Springfield may call it a 'compact' but that's only because it is about 30mm shorter than the standard XDM, so if you'd be okay with a Glock 17, then there's really no reason why you'd find the XDM Compact too small for you, since the Glock 17 is not exactly a small pistol, being more or less the same size as a Hi cap 1911 and a Walther P88, and I know that because I've just put my Glock 17 next to my Hi Cap and my Walther P88 and there's nothing in it size wise, they're almost identical in dimensions apart from the fact that my Walther is a bit longer because it has a compensator on the front.

Well I'm currently holding my brothers cheap, taccy sunday market spring barretta and that fits quite comfortably, with a few mill room for movement and I suppose if the trigger guard was smaller or wasn't there I could comfortably get my hand smaller. Could you possibly give me the length, width and depth of the glock 17 grip? I could then use that to compare to the barretta and see how much room I could have.

This all seems rather serious for toys guns doesn't it XD

That'd be Beretta, by the way. Just took a ruler to my Glock 17 (CYMA Electric Blowback Version, so reasonably accurate model of it, even if it does have shit fps), and knocked this up, here you go (these may be a mm or so out, but it's close enough):

glockmeasure_zpsvsot4koz.jpg

*Beretta is about 70cm long in the grip too, so with 10mm less on the XDM my hand will still fit.

Yay, I now have 2 guns to save up for! Thank you very much for the help, but I do have one more question I hope everyone/someone can help me with.

When I buy the gun, what Gas should I use??

Well, don't get the sh*t stuff off BB gun sites, cos it is generally crap, and even if it is okay, the valve seals on the cans are often a bit sh*t, which will render the contents useless since when you try to use it, it'll piss loads of the gas out over your hand (which is not recommended unless you are trying to cryogenically freeze your hand so you can smash it with a hammer lol).

Personally, I would recommend using WE Premium Green Gas, since it has a decent amount of silicone lubricant in it to take care of the action (although you do probably want a can of silicone lubricant anyway to lube the thing up when it is new since it will probably not have any lubrication on the working parts, don't use anything other than silicone lubricant in the thing or you'll f*ck up the mag and internal seals, you can get silicone lubricant aerosol cans at car part shops for about four quid a can, but that will probably last you forever, you can use that stuff on AEGs too anyway).

I was using that WE gas the other evening in a fecking freezing cold Trojan mill site, and it was blatting all 25 rounds out of my Kimber Warrior, and the mags still had craploads of gas left in them, probably enough to let another load of BBs go if I reloaded it without regassing it. Actually, I had my M4 in my right hand and my Kimber in my left hand and was taking the piss a bit, dual wielding them, although I did actually get three kills doing that lol.

That Kimber Warrior pistol is a Hi Cap (it is a TM clone, but in full metal) with a long metal slide, which are a bit notorious for not being great on gas, so as you can imagine, I was fairly impressed with the performance of WE gas in the thing. It's about a tenner for a 300g can of it, which will probably last you a while if you are only using the sidearm as a back up, and even if it doesn't last you a while, screw it, GBB pistols are cool, and even more cool when you dual wield them with an M4 lol.

Oh, and always leave a bit of gas in the mag when you store them, it helps maintain the seal because of the pressure on the gaskets.

IF I may suggest looking at a decent used GBB pistol instead.

I bought a kwa/asg glock 19 with full glock trades for £55.

You may need to see if the seller will 2 tone it if you have no UkARA number.

Also don't waste your money on these airsoft green gases that cost about £10-12, buy a Coleman propane cylinder for a tenner and a suitable propane adapter on eBay and you get double the gas for your cash.

I have advertised on a lot of forums that I'm looking for a cheap GBB pistol, if noone wants to sell one though, I'll go for the compact in a UKARA safe green XD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.