Reliable Places to order BBs?

SatNav

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

Just wondering where would be the most reliable place to order BBs?

I'm in need of finding some 0.25g or 0.28g to try out with a new gun but not sure which brands i should go for as i've only been using 0.2g up til now :)

any advise will be grateful :)

Blasters are really common and they're okay. G&G PSBP BBs are also supposed to be good, you can get them from Airsoft Zone. The absolute best BBs are disputed to be BB Bastards or Green Devils but never used either of them myself.

Personally I buy all mine from Patrol Base because it's my local store I can save on shipping. Actually did include some packs of P&J when I ordered from TaiwanGun (4000 x 0.30 and 8000 0.20 for like £15 in total) but isn't worth it unless you're buying owt else something cos there's a £12-£15 flat shipping charge to the UK (used to get free shipping at about 50 quid now it's like 200 quid)

Bit subjective really. Some people swear by one brand, others will slag the same brand off and say they jammed up their such and such a gun. If I were you I'd try and buy them at a local site or local shop, since it supports the business in your area and helps it stay in business. Most skirmish sites will stock something that is reliable and decent (ish), since they'll likely be putting em through their own hire guns, so it would be stupid for them to have stuff that is crap and wrecks stuff in their own shop, although it's worth noting that they are also businesses, so economy may be favoured over ultimate quality, thus it's not an absolute guarantee of using the best available when you buy from a skirmish site shop.

If however, you prefer to buy online, Zero One is not a bad place to get BBs from. They have a fairly varied stock and postage costs are not bad, with quite a few options, and they do tend to have an up to date stock level display on their website, so you're generally going to get stuff quickly. You'll get arguments from people over whether the Zero One branded BBs are any good, I know several skirmish sites which sell them and I've used them with no issues myself in GBBs, AEGs and springers, but I have seen a few people say they're not so good, so it's up to you as far as they are concerned. Either way, Zero One stock G&G PSBPs, Excels, TMs, Marushin and a few others, all of which will rarely get a complaint, so you can go with pretty much any of those and expect few issues. Most people will probably say Excels are a good choice.

If you're going for .28s, that might be a sniper rifle I'm guessing, and if that's the case, then it's not a bad idea to sift through them manually and wash them gently to get any crap off them, some bags of BBs (even the good ones on occasion) can have tiny bits of crap in the bottom of the bag, and even the very best BBs can have an occasional iffy one in there, sorting and washing them will avoid that stuff getting into your gun.

Thanks :) yes i'll be going for a G&G M14 so the 0.2g are way too light for it.

thanks for the advise on sifting through BBs for quality :)

I have gone through quite a few different brands and weight of BBs now and what I have found is that it depends on the gun. I recently tried some G&G PBSP 0.25s in my S&T Tar 21 and the gun loves them, it halves the spread at maximum range it just loves them in comparison to the devils or the blasters. But then my G&G M4 seems to prefer the devils and the PBSP ones aren't quite as good a spread at range. So I suspect the answer for the best BB is dependent on the gun.

I have had decent results with blasters, Devils and PBSP and less good results with some less well known ones. Weights anywhere from 0.20 to 0.28 seem to work reasonably well and I would recommend you try and compare a bundle of different ones over time and see what your gun likes.

• 1 month later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.