DIY BB catcher / stopper

Moose

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey

Just a quick question as to whether anybody thinks this idea will work. I planned on filling a cardboard box with packing peanuts (attached image) hoping that the packing peanuts will be able to slow / stop the bb in it's tracks. Does anybody think this would work or would it just rip straight through.

I have a couple of guns from <300 fps to 400+

I currently have a tiny 14x14cm steel pellet catcher but it doesn't work very well for the more powerful gun as the bbs often ricochet back out.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

post-10832-0-59828600-1422743813_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

well I presume you are not gonna try to re-use them - not wise

a "curtain" could help in the catcher - like the ones to stop dead golf balls in simulators

or a pillow in that box but sooner or later the cardboard box will be shredded to f*ck

but in any case the cardboard box - bb's will just pop out the other side

Nah It's not to be able to re-use them it's just for easy clean up essentially, don't fancy bbs all over the garden lol

I have a few cardboard boxes so I'll be able to swap them when needed no problem. I'll have to try the pillow and bed sheets idea, thanks.

I've used a couple boxes before, BB will penetrate a couple layers but stay in the second.

Also have made one from a cereal box before with three pieces of polystyrene that just so happened to fit perfectly, but you could shove owt in there.

Made a similar thing from a cardboard box about 45cm square, lies on side, flaps at open end of box glued so that the bottom one slants up slightly preventing bbs rolling out. I use a couple of old tea towels hung from a piece of electrical wire across the back as a backstop and another wire a few cm in front with a peg on it to hold a paper target (I scanned a target which came with a gun onto my computer and just print off when needed).

Works a treat for zeroing/grouping tests. :)

I use cardboard boxes with rubbish in. Then you throw the box and contents out and start a new one.

Bio bb's may be a good idea. Stray bb's will eventually build up and get everywhere, no matter what you do.

• Supporters

My ghetto BB catcher for Chronographing Guns.

post-10238-0-41339400-1422754193_thumb.jpg

From left to right:

Box

old white t-shirt

Makita Drill case (used to elevate chronograph, doesnt have to be a drill case, could be anything really)

Chronograph

set up like this:

post-10238-0-98192100-1422754198_thumb.jpg

If you can see it, i place a tape measurer at the back to hold the t-shirt down at the back, tuck the t-shirt under the box to hold it in place.

T- shirt can withstand multiple BB shots

I use a box with rags hanging in it, canted slightly forward with some channels leading to a hole. The bin sits just below that.

For your rags, cut a slot in the top of the box, drape rag over a wire clothes hanger, dangle it in. I use 3 layers which is complete and utter overkill. :)

I use a small wood frame with a pillow case nailed to it around the outside edge, even at point blank range they dont do any damage and plenty of material to slow bb's down

I use cardboard boxes with rubbish in. Then you throw the box and contents out and start a new one.

Bio bb's may be a good idea. Stray bb's will eventually build up and get everywhere, no matter what you do.

Hehe, back in my naughty boy days i used to fire my springer across to an area near the entrance of some flats, now there are millions of little specks of dots all over that area many years later; the little children there see them in bewilderment and pick them up as a contest.

"LUKE MAWMEE, I FOWND A PERAL"

• Supporters

I have a bunch of linen tote bags from trade shows that make perfect catchers.

I tend to hang a blanket over a chair and back under the legs and shoot through the legs of the chair. The BBs are kept in the blanket and can be tipped into the bin or back into a bb bottle if your tight like me :)

Cardboard box with an old cushion or large towel

depending on how accurate your Gat is I use to use a Blank CD case filled with plasticine. Probably a bit over kill for airsoft as I used it to stop .22 Airgun pellets silently. Airsoft in the Flat is a box with an old blanket in it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.