mixing mtp & dpm thoughts

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm getting an MTP uniform together (trousers, ubacs and smock)

I've got a shirt and wonder what peoples thoughts are on mixing an MTP shirt with DPM trousers (until I get the rest)

One thing I've always noticed from my time in exercises and on operations in various landscapes

Foliage tends to get lighter in colour as it grows towards the sky

I know soldiers tend to mix uniforms depending where they are

Wear what you like. If anyone else doesn't like it, that's their problem. I will happily mix things up from time to time, I quite often wear an OD vest with black combat pants and black top when doing CQB, because it is practical and the camo doesn't matter much.

Yes some people will freak out when they see that kind of thing going on and start lecturing on it, but using odd uniforms and what is to hand is common in real conflicts: Kriegsmarine submariners in WW2 famously wore abandoned British Army Battledress blouses and pants left behind when the BEF bailed out of Dunkirk, and that was not simply a different colour, it was the enemy's uniform, although in fairness, it was very similar to the proper Kriegsmarine submariner's jacket.

Interesting MTP/DPM comparison vids:

Cheers chock

Think I'm sticking with DPM but will have MTP kit for the summer months

I'm at cribbs on the 8th so I'll give it a try

MTP shirt

DPM trousers & boonie

OD plate carrier

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.