ASG Mk23 Socom Mag problem (feeding issue)

NickM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ok, so I've had the gun for a while really like it especially as a sniper backup but the mags are starting to do my nut. I cant rely on any of the 3 I have. They tend to feed the first 3 or 4 bbs then the bbs jam. But from what I can see through the narrow opening in the mag there is nothing that could be causing the jam.

They normally jam about 1cm below the feeding lip, the spring is under compression and still has pressure but the bbs just wont move forwards. Normally I need to use a pin or nail to push the top bb up and they release only to do the same thing after 4 or 5 shots. To get a better look at the inside of the track I'd like to take the plastic feedlips out, is it possible or will I just end up wrecking the mags?

• Supporters

Try an other BB brand. There are some that don't slide on eachother too well.

It's easy to remove the lip. There is a pin across the top. Push that out to one side (it won't move to the other side) and you can pull the top out.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

SO I finally got around to removing the feed lips, 2 of them have a very small piece broken off on the inside which is obviously where bbs are catching. I could sand them down but it appears the follower has been damaging the top of the feed lips which means bbs spray out of the top.

So now I'm on the hunt for 3 feed lips for a KJworks/ASG Mk23 socom magazine, ( at this rate probably more really), I also need a fill valve for one and have only found them in stock in Ireland.

• Supporters

Amazing news, unfortunately Firesupport are out of stock. will email them to find out if they will be getting more.

Will try looking for the M9 ones cheers.

• Supporters

Amazing news, unfortunately Firesupport are out of stock. will email them to find out if they will be getting more.

Will try looking for the M9 ones cheers.

wow they never had them in stock long ... then again they did only get 5 in and i took 2. when i originally contacted them, they got them within a week iirc.

• Supporters

hahahaha, seems someone would do ok if they could get a decent stock of the bits. I sent them a message saying I would be willing to get 3 minimum but probably 4 or 5 so I have some spares on hand. They have said they have been having trouble getting them but to put myself on the mailing link bit.

As it happens Evike have a reinforced type in stock at a reasonable price but the postage is insane, $60 for 5 of them to be posted, they only cost ($7 -8 each)

I've also found something similar at patrol base but they don't look like the ones I have taken out, also says out of stock. I have emailed and they say they think they have a few and the website may be having issues not allowing them on. It would sort me out, but hopefully they will confirm the fit.

Fingers crossed.

If its for a GBB, milspec is the place to look. Sure he doesnt have everything, but what he does have is good gear, and lots of it.

Ive actually had the pleasure of seeing his stockrooms, and lets just say he has enough gear to keep a tinkering airsofter busy til rapture.

• Supporters

Cheers lads.

Ok..... so are the WE M9 feed lips the same as the TM M9 ones?

My google of the TM ones came up with nothing. It looks similar but the Mk23 one but that one is a NBB not a GBB. Presuming it's the same but the bit at the front looks thicker than the ones I have.

Ah I may have a source sorted so thanks for all of your knowledge and google-fu.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.