Marui M4 CQB-R SOPMOD

ghost85

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've just ordered this gun online and someone put it into my head that I should be extra careful when trying to put a rear sling adapter as the recoil system goes all the way back into the stock tube. jus wanted to know what to look out for. I thought it might be the same as non blow back rifles. Some shops are charging as much as the adapter to fix it on, so hopefully ill save a bit of money.

I've just ordered this gun online and someone put it into my head that I should be extra careful when trying to put a rear sling adapter as the recoil system goes all the way back into the stock tube. jus wanted to know what to look out for. I thought it might be the same as non blow back rifles. Some shops are charging as much as the adapter to fix it on, so hopefully ill save a bit of money.

The main concern is the wiring as it can be sliced when removing the castle ring. Have a look at this

You kind of answered your own question. Recoil Shock guns are more fiddly to take down/modify/repair due to the way the recoil system works and the number of parts involved (over a standard AEG). Just be careful and methodical and you should be fine.

so iam guessing the adapter goes in between the stock tube and the body???

Also make sure the adaptor is for a GBBR, Dont think AEG sized fit, although they can be filled out to fit.

You can also get ones that clamp over the buffer tube but i've heard mixed things about them.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/freedom-art-swivel-ring-for-stock-pipe-fit-sopmod-m4-

Yeah I used one of those, Not that exact one but TM's own version for the RS. It was pretty decent (and expensive) but have sinced switched to a VTAC style wrapped around the stock.

jus to be sure the castle nut is the one where he takes it off with the wrench right??

• Supporters

Yes, the nut is not 'real steel' dimensions though so you'll need a specific wrench to remove it (or a screwdriver and a hammer if you don't really care about ruining it), that tool is about £20 shipped and the thread lock you'll need to put it all back together is a few quid too. Unless you've already got these things it's probably cheaper to have it done by someone else who already has the requisite tools/equipment.

Make sure also that you get one specifically designed for the recoil shock series, GBB ones can be made to fit but they lack the tabs required to stop the buffer tube rotating.

I use a black hawk single point sling adaptor.

Is a material sling mount so no fear on any damage.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.