Hey AFUK!

Cpt.Burns

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, should have posted here first before an advice thread but here it is anyway.

Names Robbie, im 20, living in luton and working as an IT admin for a few years now.
I have always been interested in airsoft but have never had a way of getting to the sites, but that had changed now and i am so hyped to get my gear in and start my first game.

(if anyone knows much about decent budget shottys and could spare a few mins it would be much appreciated as im trying to decide on my 1st gun).

Cheers, looking forward to becoming an active member :)

Hey there.

For a first gun, you'd probs want something automatic, prety much everyone recommends the G&G combat machine m4s.

For shotguns, you can probs get away with those spring tri shots like the DE m56 as they are inexpensive and have decent performence for a shotty.

The best shotgun out there is the TM (forgot the specific name) gas shotgun; it can shoot 3 or 6 bbs at a time, maybe something you want to save up for, in the future.

Anyway, have fun, eye protection first though

The M56 is basically the only tri shotgun that is spring powered. All others are single shot and not fit for skirmishing. So you either have the choice of the M56 for £40-£60 or a TM 870 for about £260-£300 (there's a Breacher and Tactical version)

If you're trying to decide think of all the guns you like, try to test some out either at a local store or a skirmish, then research different brands that are available. For example CYMA make good AKs (but avoid the M4s!) the JG G36s are probably the best G36s (but again their other models are not necessarily very good)

Exceptions would be companies like G&G or Tokyo Marui, I don't think they make any bad guns.

Hope this helps mate and welcome to the forums :)

• Supporters

think like many things there is an element of luck of the draw

springers - bolt snipers & shotguns only come with a 6 month warranty I think

AEG's usually 12 months - how good retailer's guarantee is will vary

but the lower warranty on spring stuff must mean something I guess

my own mossberg from bbguns4less - fecking mag often dropped out and on top of that fps was about 150 !!!

yeah sod that - poxy lemon shotgun and I'm sure loads have got really good ones for ages

would like to try a tri-shot for a bit of cqb room clearing fun like I said

or might have a look at lame mossberg or get another from say TWG and use the other "drop-out mag"

I'm with Samurai - one of the best guns I've owned (Maruzen CA870) was a single shot shotgun. The light pump and accuracy meant I could get rounds on target faster than I would have with a tri shot. A lot of the cheaper single shots are just as skirmishable but obviously you pay for quality.

A tri shot is more realistic but they aren't really a gun I'd recommend for beginners - a regular AEG would be more forgiving. Speaking from experience as my first gun was Double Eagle M56B. That said it was very cheap and very reliable - only time it didn't work was when I did something wrong haha.

Welcome aboard :)

Pretty much any spring shotgun is skirmishable, even the 20-30 quid cheap ones, although of course you generally get what you pay for, so there's no guarantee that a cheap one will last too long. Having said that, I've got a cheap ass Mossberg 500 one that manages just under 350 fps and I think I paid 25 quid for it. So you should be able to find something a lot better than that for 40-50 quid.

I would say shotguns are more suitable for CQB than for woodland stuff though, since when you get up close and personal, most CQB sites have a semi auto fire only rule in place, meaning you're at less of a disadvantage in having something you have to rack for every shot. But, I would also say that they are perhaps not the most versatile thing you could buy for a first gun, and something like an M4 would be a better bet. The reality is that whilst in the real world a shotgun in combat is a good thing to have because of its short range power and wide blast cone, since you can also blow door locks out with them, launch baton rounds, make DIY cut slug shells etc, etc, whereas in airsoft, a shotgun is simply a gun like all others, but with a slower rate of fire. Yes some of them can fire three BB at the same time, but if you are on target, one BB is as good as three.

However, if you are set on having a shotgun, it's worth being aware that a lot of the 'tactical' ones with only a pistol grip and no rear stock, are not as easy to aim as the ones with a stock, since with the stock under your arm, they tend to be pointing in the right direction.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.