First loadout advice

Cpt.Burns

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone,
Was just looking for some advice on my and my friends first loadout, as we are a bit hard up at the mo we are looking to get some budget shotguns and a pistol (though most focus is on the shotty) each to play with until we get our UKARA licence then gonna splash out on replica airsoft guns.

I just do not now where to look for a decent budget shotgun that still has some metal on it for durability and weight. So far I have happened across the double eagle m58b for £30 but I think it is almost all plastic which throws me off.
As for the pistol I have seen a mini desert eagle gas gun for £30 but I am still unsure wether to go with electric or gas.

I know this probably looks like a load of nonsence for the Pro's but i just want to get my toes wet and get a licence without splashing out too much.
Any and all advice apreciated, cheers!

Hi, welcome to AFUK. For reference, the UKARA is NOT a licence, it is a retailers association to cover their backs legally.

I don't know much about springer shotguns, but if you can afford a pistol and a cheap spring shotty and nothing else, forget the pistol.... I don't normally advise folk to not buy a pistol but if money is tight wait until you have more before buying one, instead increase your budget for the shotty. I have heard that there are some real bargains with the shotguns but will leave it to those who have owned the good, the bad, and the ugly to advise you with facts. If you are wanting to skirmish you don't want to be put off the whole sport by having rubbish kit that can't shoot anything, far better to spend wisely even if it is just a temporary purchase until you are 18/UKARA registered.

Ahh gotcha, had no clue :P
Pistol can be put on hold for now then if a better shotty will be a bit more accurate/useful, cheers man.
Anyone got some experience of decent budget shottys?

• Supporters

all I can say is on a budget then maybe go to cqb sites where lower power stuff

won't be at such a disadvantage like on woodland mid/long range

(plus you may find snipers will pick you off before you get within range of your low power guns)

soz can't give advice on shotty's either - bought a mossberg cheapy and was pants

and just kept to AEG's - one day will like to try a tri-shot one though

Thats the plan for now, not looking forward to being hit by a sniper for the 1st time as i can imagine they hurt like hell!
Will close the tab for the mossberg i had open then haha.

Hmm £30 gas gun does not seem like a good idea. Honestly sounds to me like you're lookin at the fookin "BB gun" websites :(

It's a good idea not to buy from them. People would also say you should buy a rifle first and not a pistol, whilst true most of the time, it depends on your local site. If you're doing CQB a lot I'd say it's the other way around.

I've already gone over it a bit in your other post but basically research and make sure you know the manufacturer is reputable. Too many of us starting off ourselves have gone and bought kinda crappy guns.

For example I've got a CYMA M4, had it for a couple years, can't get any more now until I'm 18 (in November) IMO was a waste of money because I could've bought a much better G&G for £117+ and good batteries and smart charger (say £160 in all) whereas instead I paid £150 for a worse gun. Shouldn't really complain because it is okay but disappointing knowing you could have had better.

Also already have a Classic Army MP5K so should've concentrated on upgrading that. I thought ooh yeah M4 can upgrade it etc turns out the thing doesn't even have a standard delta ring / barrel nut assembly nor even a threaded barrel.

TL;DR

Basically get the shotty, don't bother with the pistol until you get your defence. Then I'd say spend £100-£130 preferably on a Tokyo Marui (they last years, easily the best you can get) With your UKARA you could also consider ordering from EU retailers like Gunfire.pl or TaiwanGun (both actually Polish) and potentially save a bit.

I'm sure you know this but I like to say always shop around and check out manufacturers / retailers cos it will be very helpful and we see a lot of people will make those kind of mistakes

Welcome to the forum! If £60 is your budget then as said above forget a pistol, you can buy a Double Eagle M56 shotgun in that price, its tri shot (so 3 bb's fire at once), spring powered pump action, with good range and accuracy, mainly plastic but with some metal parts, several guys on here have them. Come in different lengths and with or without stocks, great for CQB but not useless in woodland either. Try browsing Airsoft World or Actionhobbies websites as they usually have them. I really think you'd struggle to find anything better in that price range to be honest. :)

• Supporters

don't worry about getting hit with a sniper rifle, even if they're 500fps from 30 yards away it'll hurt no more than a normal AEG, that is if the 'airsoft sniper' can hit you at 30 yards!

As for buying a £30 desert eagle... don't even bother, just buy a nice shotgun and as many shells as you can get for it.

• Supporters

Don't bother with cheap shit guns. Rent until you can get your ukara.

Buy some surplus dpm or mtp gear and have at it! :-)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.