Stupidest lines in video games

DX115FALCON

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Showing my age......

DOOM - all your buddies are dead/slaughtered so instead of getting the f*ck out of there

you are gonna give them what for - yeah right !!!

mind you that is same with most stuff I guess

Oh and not really in-game but in the classic "Beat 'em up's" how many times have we shouted:

" I F*CKING BLOCKED THAT !!!! "

Guild Wars was a brilliant game, with one of the best musical soundtracks ever, but some of the voice acting in it was atrociously bad...

Not that it's a particularly stupid line in itself in comparison to many others, but if there was an Oscar for the most lethargic, phone-it-in acting anyone has ever managed in a game cut scene, then the moment where you get ambushed on the Divinity Coast in the original Guild Wars, when some of the voice 'talent' playing a villager is supposed to yell out in mortal fear: 'The Shining Blade! Dwayna Protect Us!' would be the hands down winner. He manages all the dramatic gravitas and tension of someone ordering a set of wood screws from B&Q.

"You've reached Steve, please leave a message after the beep, BLEEEEEP. Nah i'm kidding it's me, Steve. Everything's fine over here." ~ bank robber answering another guard's walkie talkie

"Did something happen?" ~ sercurity guard

"Nah, everything's normal here in normal town" ~ bank robber

Smooth PayDay 2 talk....

"Shake it baby" & "Wanna dance?"

certainly the most memorable lines from any computer game for me, but i did hear it far too many times :)

• Supporters

"Shake it baby" & "Wanna dance?"

certainly the most memorable lines from any computer game for me, but i did hear it far too many times :)

Hail to the king, baby!

• 4 weeks later...

"I hear it's amazing when the famous giant purple stuffed worm in flapjaw space, with a tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hairi Kairi Rock! I need scissors!! 61!"

Simultaneously the most ridiculous and most genius line I have ever heard in a videogame.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you remember Metal Gear Solid 2, there's a scene about two thirds of the way through where Raiden gets together with Snake. Snake gives Raiden a couple of mags. Kaiden asks whether he will have enough for himself. Snake points at his headband and says "Infinite ammo." Sort of ruins the immersion and the story a bit.

• 1 month later...

Here's one for you:
"Payday 2 won't have microtransactions"- Lead designer of Payday 2 David Goldfarb.

What an amazing joke!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.