Another new bfg

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What I read there was;

"I've been in CQB games where I've been dominated by players better equipped for CQB and whined about it so much the marshals had to change the rules to accommodate me"

So if your team rocks up to a game using low/mid caps, and the opfor are rocking Hi-caps and box mags, do the marshalls make everyone use low/mids?

These replies had me creasing up

• Supporters

to be honest though I think it is a good idea I doubt if I will buy one

as I have 2 oshi's impact & 2 dynatec impacts with 9mm & 6mm adapters

but to be fair sometimes haven't used them (mainly play woodland - cqb room clearing is different)

I do see both sides of the argument and the other team should not be able to use it

but in real terms what happens in-game all pumped up and kick bfg away etc......

impact grenade x 6 shot is saving some time but not that much coz if you got another blank ready

then oshi takes only time to unscrew replace and tighten - 5 secs aprox

timed mofo's - yeah that is a bit more pi$$balling about in heat of battle so that would be good if they could do that in a multi option

All sites operate different rules - some are a bit daft it seems but perhaps the best decisions are when sites listen

and take on board what maybe the majority of the players are saying - after all they are the ones playing and PAYING

Better equipped teams have a major advantage of course - often if it getting too crazy teams might be split up a bit

Radios BFG's all them goodies help give ya the upper hand but there has to be some balance

OR we could all roll up with nooby 5k box mags, $hitloads of bfg's etc.........

actually sounds crazy fun but not exactly the most skilled or tactical way of doing things

Think there should be some "reasonable" limits or guidelines to amount of bfg's per member/team per round though

(pity the poor sods in room if say 8 guys each chuck in their "unlimited" supply of bfg's first go)

depends on area/number of rooms but maybe a rough limit might be 3 per team in one round but this would vary

on area/size number of rooms etc......

gotta have some ceiling or it could get mental - and you may not have a ceiling left

The clear fault (its not even a fault it just might become a frequest issue at some sites) i can see in these would be kids or just generic ass holes picking them up, reloading & arming them, and then chucking them back at the owner

The clear fault (its not even a fault it just might become a frequest issue at some sites) i can see in these would be kids or just generic ass holes picking them up, reloading & arming them, and then chucking them back at the owner

I've had my own BFG thrown back at me. I threw it into a doorway just as some was coming through so he just caught it. He promptly returned it.

I shouted "you cheeky bastard!" Laughed and carried on.

Don't think its a big deal tbh.

My only concern is these are being made by Airsoft Machine Shop which does good work but from a buddies experience not the quickest.

If someone picked up my bfg in game and used it I'd be having words with them after the game, if a pistol fell out of a holster would that be ok to use, if you through a big would it be ok for someone else to load it? Of course not.

• Supporters

nah - like to think if anything was "found" it would be handed into a marshall

I've lent mags/batteries to peeps like we all have

even offered my spare gun like others have

(probably would even loan a bfg to a team mate (18+) if required to split in two units)

but I'd be pi$$ed if somebody helped themselves

if the players can't have a little bit of integrity & honesty...

no point playing coz they certainly wouldn't take their bloomin' hits

gotta have some respect for other players - and their stuff

nah - like to think if anything was "found" it would be handed into a marshall

I've lent mags/batteries to peeps like we all have

even offered my spare gun like others have

(probably would even loan a bfg to a team mate (18+) if required to split in two units)

but I'd be pi$$ed if somebody helped themselves

if the players can't have a little bit of integrity & honesty...

no point playing coz they certainly wouldn't take their bloomin' hits

gotta have some respect for other players - and their stuff

I agree duck, nothing worse than spending tonnes of money on all your kit and it either comes back damaged, lost or stolen to which you think 'f**k it, I aint doing that again'

I've been lucky so far as I've borrowed a mag and gave it back, loaned a mag to someone and got it back

Only time I've walked away with someone's gas pistols was when he fired them, threw them on the ground and was heavily distracted so I told him I'll wait outside the safe zone (which I did) I cleared them aswell and waited

He appreciated that cause anyone could've walked of with them

• Supporters

Anyone know where you can get these?

• Supporters

Incentive designs have withdrawn their multishot grenade as a result of this one coming out.

Dropped my pistol at Bunker 51 once, was found in my own spawn on the floor empty of ammo. Someone clearly picked it up used it and dropped it....

But the "Better equipped" quote, I kinda understand. I have been in CQB games with the opposing team having tonnes and tonnes of mk5s and it did ruin the gameplay quite a bit. If our team would have had more we could have countered somewhat, but in some situations/games/sites I think there should be limits on mags and nades.

Personally I think it should be slightly fairer than "he who spends more money" should always win. But this is a debate for another thread :lol:

Back to the BFGs in question. Me and my mates will be buying some but the idea of 6 of us having a 6 use nade every game does seem a bit overkill. Suffice to say we shall be using them sensibly and in the spirit of the game rather than chucking em through every door and frustrating everyone by clearing the site in less than 3 mins.

• Supporters

With the exception of RIFT Com3 the sites I've played out have made hard cover protect you from pyro kills. Basically what I mean is that they shouldn't be a guaranteed room clear unless: you play at a site that runs a everyone in the room dies rule, you don't try and use cover or the site in question has rooms that are 5 x 5 boxes with no cover.

I've seen plenty of situations where multiple bangs go into a room then the attackers bundle in and get rinsed by the defenders who were behind cover. They are good tools but blank firing grenades aren't like the BFG from Doom :)

• Supporters

I have been in CQB games with the opposing team having tonnes and tonnes of mk5s and it did ruin the gameplay quite a bit.

If that was at the Malls - it might have been my mate Greg.

He's been known to enter a game with a pistol and dump pouch full of MK5s. Plus a set of remote dets. And his four BFGs.

Incentive designs have withdrawn their multishot grenade as a result of this one coming out.

has there been a "public" statement/release of this? can't see anything listed on their facebook page or web page?

has there been a "public" statement/release of this? can't see anything listed on their facebook page or web page?

I beleive CKinnerly on here got refunded his money from them and told this.

edit: On their FB page

"Our aim is to provide new and innovative products to the Airsoft community by investing our time and funds wisely. Unfortunately, we have been made aware of another similar grenade being launched shortly after ours, and at a considerably lower price. It currently appears impossible for us to compete without compromising on design or quality, both of which we pride ourselves on. Therefore, with regret and great consideration, we have decided to refund sales of, and withdraw EDD multi-shot BFG at this moment."

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.