Another new bfg

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Wonder if some sites will ban these, i.e. the ones that will not let you reload during a section/game - after all it's effectively a 6 shot grenade (if you pick it up and move on).

Tempting though ....

I like the idea of these but i think ill stick to my impacts and timed. Usually you cant collect and reload a grenade until an area is clear on the majority of the sites i play at so what time it does save in moving to the next section most people are spending time bombing back up with ammo anyway. As i say it is a good idea though.

There are situations where a reloadable grenade is good, but I think one where the enemy has your grenade is bad! Imagine you throw your grenade, kill a few and then someone who avoided the blast sees the grenade and recognises the make. He picks it up, twists and throws. Now a bundle of your guys are dead and someone just used one of your caps. Its potentially a liability unless you can guarantee you can take the area after the grenade goes off.

I think where this is useful is that you don't need to carry spare ammo into the game. You load up the grenade at the beginning and you'll get enough uses out of it to complete a game (or use 6 grenades which is more than a realistic loadout might hold).

I'd load up certain slots so that only I know which ones are usable to prevent that, not fool-proof but should deal with it.

On a side note, no one should touch your BFG anyway, if I propped my rifle up against the side of a building to go pistol only a bit id be a pissed off if the other team picked it up and used it.

That's not a bad shout!

• Supporters

That's not a bad shout!

Yeah I mean let's say you loaded slots 1, 3 and 5. Logically someone picking it up hoping to kill you back would click it to the next number which would be a dud. After the first throw the opponent would have a 2/5 chance of getting the right one.

Yeah I mean let's say you loaded slots 1, 3 and 5. Logically someone picking it up hoping to kill you back would click it to the next number which would be a dud. After the first throw the opponent would have a 2/5 chance of getting the right one.

In theory you could mark them so as you know which is which but in a way that people wouldn't guess as well what it means.

At my regular sites we have strong rules about touching used BFGs - i.e. other players aren't to touch the BFG unless to hand it to a marshal or the owner. once deployed a BFG "does not exist" until it is recovered by the owner. we have had a couple of incadents where players have thrown / kicked other peoples bfgs intentionally and they have gone missing. that said we recenty found a TMRF that had been lost a couple of months ago on the site and it still functions fine even after sitting in the mud and elements for a long time.

• Supporters

The problem with the rule all sites i've played at have about not touching other player's grenades is that throwing a grenade frequently involves blindly popping it around the corner. In other words it is often very hard to tell who threw it back, so it would the same as trying to report someone for non hit taking when you can't positively ID them.

Regardless it is a fairly rare occurrence in my experience, fortunately

I do like the look of these revolver style grenades though and M_P's idea sounds like a decent way of stopping them being used against you. When I get one I may just risk having someone be a nob to get the true benefit out of a multi bang grenade.

I can see these getting really annoying, ive been in cqb games where teams have turned up with hundreds of pyros and they dominated and ruined the game to a point where the marshals had to add a per game limit of 3 to how many pyros could be carried

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.