complete noob here so please be gentle (thats what she said)

sharpe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys and girls my names joe im 24, I live in Southampton, I am a complete noob to this sport iv only attended one skirmish which was in Portsmouth at the UCAP bunker, very close quarters was great fun and loved it only used a rental gun of theirs but its got me hooked, as it is my local im most likely be doing CQB more then any other form but im open to them all.

I've been reading through here about starting up and there is so much helpful information iv read so far.

just need to decide what gun to run thinking either a p90 or g36c but time will tell.

well I hope I don't become one of these annoying forum member that start pointless threads as I will be using the search bar first, well that's it for now hope to get to know some you guys better and get some helpful advice.

thanks for reading and please go easy on me.

Welcome aboard mate, I'm pretty new to this too, been playing less than a year, The Bunker was the second place I played, I enjoyed it but I've played better since. I'm moving to Wimbledon soon, so the south east will be my home turf! I prefer CQB and urban to the more purely woodland sites, but I'm up for a skirmish anywhere really! This is a great forum with lots of really helpful and knowledgeable members, enjoy! might see each other on the field some day!

• Supporters

All of us were noobs at some point - I still am

tbh - I love being a noob coz there is $hit loads still to learn

keep the learning curve steep or life can get boring

Welcome to forum - kudos for knowing how to search - too many love be spoon fed

you seem to know a little and more importantly want to learn more like most of us

G36's are very popular in cqb & site rental guns but its all down to what suits you in the end

in here it is a little more relaxed and more noob friendly than some mega ultra serious tech sites

so less chance of getting flamed for asking dumb questions (my speciality dumb ar$e questions)

One thing to point out to you dude

1- dont post about ukara on the facebook page (just memes & insults)

2- read up on the debate about 'ukara & VCR act'

3- have fun & enjoy yourself

And

4- did I mention have fun &enjoy yourself

Ok ok that's more than 1 thing, I can't count with shoes on lol :)

wow such a warm welcome thank you guys lots of really useful information there chock I'm swinging towards the p90 but I know there are hit and miss opinions on the high cap mags as they apparently tend to jam, but regarding equipment I don't plan to spend fortunes buying it I already use a good pair of boots for work so I use them for airsoft too, definitely going to be looking into BFG's as my local site aloes them to be used.

Welcome to the forum mate!

P90s can be brilliant depending on the brand but being a bull pup they shoot further than you think. If I wasn't trying to downsize my arsenal I'd probably have one of them myself. Like Chock pointed out - a pistol is a good choice for CQB. Even a cheap springer is enough at a push since most engagements can be very close range.

I wouldn't recommend throwing a plastic knife at people though - most sites don't take too kindly to it and may see you banned for doing so.

If you're looking into BFGs I dunno what everyone else thinks but the TRMR seems to be the best out there. No spoon or pin to get lost and uses 12 gauge primers which are inexpensive. A high initial price but works out cheaper than buying individual one-use pyros in the long run.

On a lower budget (because £80 is obvs a lot to spend on just a grenade) there's the Hakkotsu Thunder-B. They're £25 off AirsoftWorld.

Welcome to the forums by the way mate :) it's really helpful to be a member on here noob or not and a great community

I wouldn't recommend throwing a plastic knife at people though - most sites don't take too kindly to it and may see you banned for doing so.

This is true at some sites, but most sites I've been to (including Trojan and First and Only's sites) cover knife use in the briefing, and that includes being allowed to throw knives, only specifying that knife throws, like grenades, have to be underarm, and knives have to be the bendy training sort. After all, if you can fire a BB at 500 fps at someone, a bendy plastic knife, tossed underarm, is hardly likely to do worse. It's probably more common to see it at CQB sites than woodland ones though.

But obviously, if they say it's a no-no at the briefing, then don't do it. As with any practice at an airsoft site, if you are unsure whether it is allowed, ask at the briefing, not later on with a marshall, since if you ask at the briefing, everyone will hear it and be clear on whether it is, or is not allowed.

If you're looking into BFGs I dunno what everyone else thinks but the TRMR seems to be the best out there. No spoon or pin to get lost and uses 12 gauge primers which are inexpensive. A high initial price but works out cheaper than buying individual one-use pyros in the long run.

On a lower budget (because £80 is obvs a lot to spend on just a grenade) there's the Hakkotsu Thunder-B. They're £25 off AirsoftWorld.

Welcome to the forums by the way mate :) it's really helpful to be a member on here noob or not and a great community

blankfiringgrenade.co.uk are also doing £65 deal on timed grenades at the moment (12g, 9mm and .209 Ready)

http://blankfiringgrenade.co.uk/epages/8d036429-e890-484e-a100-a8a2511a5e38.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/8d036429-e890-484e-a100-a8a2511a5e38/Categories/12/9

• Supporters

Hey man, if you can make it to The Mall's Sunday game on the 22nd, ou can test out my P90 at their range. Also, the rental guns are all G36s, so you could test both out there. Also, it is warm enough inside for GBBs.

If your getting a P90 save up abit and get the Tokyo Marui High Cycle

Has served me very well in CQB and even those that dont like marmite/p90 cant argue with its performance

Simply the best P90 out there and sooo glad i saved and spent the extra.

Only downside is you'll see/hear everyone else talking about upgrading their guns and you wont have to, and tinckering is fun.

• 5 months later...

been awhile since I posted up on here thanks for all the comments and suggestions, now that iv finally got membership to UCAP iv purchased a second hand G&G ump (umg) pictures to follow tomorrow, i paid £200 it came with a holo sight, 4 mags (2x mid cap 2xhigh caps) a 2 point sling and a lipo battery. iv purchased a ultrafire c8 its abit big but it works for now.

i really want to do is get it to fire tracer rounds (handy for my local sight) but as iv found out the ump has no treaded barrel tip so a suppressor type tracer unit is abit out of the question, my question is does any one know if there is a hop up type tracer that's available for the ump or is this going to be a custom job? or will i just have to get a machine shop to thread the tip of the barrel?

with all of that is there any other suggestions you guys have that would improve the weapon at all ?

thanks guys

• Supporters

Welcome to the Forums, I'm a recent noob and constantly ask bone questions which the folk are kind enough to answer with wisdom and patience....

It's a great hobby and don't be afraid to ask!

Have fun and see you on the Battlefield.

been awhile since I posted up on here thanks for all the comments and suggestions, now that iv finally got membership to UCAP iv purchased a second hand G&G ump (umg) pictures to follow tomorrow, i paid £200 it came with a holo sight, 4 mags (2x mid cap 2xhigh caps) a 2 point sling and a lipo battery. iv purchased a ultrafire c8 its abit big but it works for now.

i really want to do is get it to fire tracer rounds (handy for my local sight) but as iv found out the ump has no treaded barrel tip so a suppressor type tracer unit is abit out of the question, my question is does any one know if there is a hop up type tracer that's available for the ump or is this going to be a custom job? or will i just have to get a machine shop to thread the tip of the barrel?

with all of that is there any other suggestions you guys have that would improve the weapon at all ?

thanks guys

The madbull hop-up doesn't give anywhere near the same lvl of glow as a silencer tracer. Not even sure if it'd fit in a UMP, dunno what kind of hop-up it comes with. Prob best off getting the barrel threaded, or better - finding a replacement that'll fit.

The madbull hop-up doesn't give anywhere near the same lvl of glow as a silencer tracer. Not even sure if it'd fit in a UMP, dunno what kind of hop-up it comes with. Prob best off getting the barrel threaded, or better - finding a replacement that'll fit.

that's what I thought I'll have to do some research into it then

20150803_141142_zpsfqjydpbp.jpg

as it looks at the moment ☺

Looks like it's got some kind of flash-hider on the end, sure that doesn't come off (might have a tiny screw keeping it fixed, then threaded on) hopefully that's the case then you just need to get a thread adapter to 14mm CCW (might be a 12mm CW on the outter barrel if that flash hider does come off)

Looks like it's got some kind of flash-hider on the end, sure that doesn't come off (might have a tiny screw keeping it fixed, then threaded on) hopefully that's the case then you just need to get a thread adapter to 14mm CCW (might be a 12mm CW on the outter barrel if that flash hider does come off)

theres no grub screw and on doing research all over the net it turns out its machine pressed on the barrel so if I did manage to get it off then its not treaded so may have to take it to a machine shop to get it treaded, as much as it sounds abit extreme but my local sight is the bunker so its pretty dark down there and a tracer would be so helpful even if I mix it up as a 50/50 of normal and tracer BB's

Ah well, machine pressed - boo! Can fully appreciate the need for tracer, i'd go nuts if i couldn't see where my shots were actually hitting at The Mall

Seems like you got 4 options;

Buying the G&G UMP QD silencer (for like £50) and then doing some serious surgery to combine a tracer with it or turn the part of the silencer that clips directly to the flash-hider into an adapter (yikes)

Try to find/have made a threaded outer barrel replacement (gotta be something that'll fit out there...)

Getting a madbull ultimate hop-up to fit and perhaps modding some mags yourself to have LED in too (at least prob possible unlike modding the G&G silencer)

Buy/use another gun that does have a threaded barrel

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.